The Rotary Foundation is now accepting applications for the world-competitive Rotary Peace Fellowship. The fellowship provides academic and practical training to prepare scholars for leadership roles in solving conflicts around the world.

Up to 100 fellows are selected every year in a globally competitive process based on personal, academic, and professional achievements. Fellows earn a master’s-level degree or a professional development certificate in peace and conflict studies at one of seven Rotary Peace Centers at leading universities in Argentina, Australia, England, Japan, Sweden, the United States and Thailand.

Master’s Degree Option
• “Building the leaders of tomorrow”
• 15-24 months of Rotary-funded graduate study toward a master’s degree at one of our five Rotary Centers
• Training in the root causes of conflict, theories of international relations, and effective models of cooperation, conflict resolution, and negotiation including course work and applied field experience
• A growing network of committed alumni employed around the world in diplomacy, government, non-governmental organizations and private corporations.

Professional Certificate Option
• “Strengthening the leaders of today”
• 3 month professional development certificate program
• Designed specifically for candidates already working in the field of peace and conflict studies to further their understanding of conflict resolution
• Theoretical foundational knowledge during 8 weeks in the classroom and practical experience during 2-3 week on site fieldwork
Both programs require, at minimum, a bachelor’s degree in a related field; 3 years of relevant work experience and proficiency in a 2nd language for the MA program and 5 years for the professional development certificate and proficiency in English.

The 2012 Academic term deadline is 1 July 2011. Applications are available at: www.rotary.org/rotarycenters. Please pay close attention to the language and academic test requirements for each center.

The Rotary Centers include

Learn about the Rotary Peace Centers

All Rotary Peace Fellowship applications need the endorsement of your local Rotary district. You can find your nearest local Rotary Club by using the Club Locator tool on the Rotary International web site at http://www.rotary.org/en/AboutUs/SiteTools/ClubLocator/Pages/ridefa....

Tags: Fellowship, MA, Masters, Peace, Rotary, and, conflict, development, fellowship, funding, More…peace, peacebuilding, professional, resolution, scholarship

Views: 2660

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am a man from Ethiopia & already the member of peace & collaborative development net work, I hold my first degree in Economics from one of Governmental universities in the country since 2008. for your further information a place where I born is mainly characterized by holding above 17 diversified Ethnic groups & except the one the rest are pastoralists. the main pushing factor to look after your Masters level education on conflict resolution related courses is that the existence of conflicts among the neibhouring pastoralists. when I got the chance to continue MA level education on conflict resolution related subject areas, I promise to your organization that I act as a pace maker for the resolution of the ever exosting conflicts at my locality. would you like to give the chance?

Please go to www.rotary.org/rotarycenters and follow the guidelines after you read all pages related to this fellowship.

Download all publications, read them carefully and prepare your application and all documents required.

Your application should be sponsored by a Rotary Club and by the RI District that this club belonged to.

Respect the dates indicated to submit your application filled and sponsored.

English language is a must.

You will find on this page 2 attachments which are the blank application forms.

Good luck.

I would strongly encourage everyone to explore the wonderful Rotary  Fellowships. They provide full funding for an MA degree for individuals with expertise and/or opportunity for advanced training for more seasoned professionals. I regularly teach in the Thailand program and can say it is one of the best training/ skills building programs I have seen in the world.

Hi,

This is Bashir Rasool from Afghanistan. I earn my bachelor degree in law and political science and i have eight years experience.

today I have contacted the local Rotary Club in Kabul, but they told me that they application time is already expired!!!

would you please advice me, what to do next?

Best Regards,

the AF deadline is normaly on 1st of July 2011 but it was moved to 15 August 2011.

So you can apply through any Rotary Club at Kabul. The Club can endorse your AF which should be filled by yourself. Please download the AF udpdated from www.rotary.org [search for Rotary Peace Centers] and download the AF in pdf or in word. Read it and look on the discussion on this website. Good Luck.

Michel P. JAZZAR

RPC Selection Committee 2009-2011

Hi,
I'm Appolinaire ZAGABE KAMANYULA from DRC, a member oF Peace and collaborative Development member,
graduated at the University of GOMA in DRC, In the Department of International Relations in 2009,
I need to benefit from this fellowship program of ROTARY,
I hope to attend the program of United States.
I tried several times to attach my university ocument but it failed, can you send me an email adresse to use?.
Thanks

Appolinaire ZAGABE KAMANYULA
Tel: +256 785 313 808
email: zagabejasperr@gmail.com
www.zagabe.blogspot.com

Hi appolinair
you have first to download thé application form, you have inside all what u need to send your A. F.
Then u have To be sponsored by a rotary club in your country. 13 clubs exist in ethiopia : www.rotary9200.org/ethiopia.asp
read above information given and download the pdf format. Good luck

Dear Michel,

Thanks for information, I want to tell you that am not from Ethiopia , but from the Democratic Republic of Congo, but for now am in Uganda,

Rotary Clubs of my districts in Congo are some how far from the area I use to live in Eastern Country in Goma,

Rotary clubs are in Kinshasa and Lubumbashi which are , what can I do? But I need to fill the Application form.

Thanks

Appolinaire ZAGABE

Which Rotary clubs are the nearest to you ?

Let me know if I can help or may be you know a Rotarian there?

Are you now in Uganda? where are you living and working now? and in which field.

Michel P. Jazzar

My dear Michel, I am forced to live in Uganda because of the conflict which is happening in Congo, as refugee, and the reason is because of the thesis I wrote and defended at the University about the conflict in the North Kivu, CRIMES, rapes, in DRC.

that is the reason why am in Kampala, you can help me, to get any way to benefit from this Rotarian program.

Thanks and I hope to hear from you.

Mr Appolinaire ZAGABE

I know a Rotarian in Kampala I will write to him and see if his club is interested in sponsoring a candidate for such a valuable fellowship. If the response is negative, you have to be sponsored by a club in DRC even if you are living in Uganda. You have to work on.

Let me tell you that at least 300 candidates will be on the competition. Up to 50 will be choosen for Master [then they have to look upon the agreement of the University], and up to 50 for the Development Certificate [3 months] in Thailand.

The selection is very very rigourous.

Michel

Okay, it good to ask him, and let me know the next step in case he  respond

Good work,

ZAGABE

RSS

Sponsored Link

Please Pay What You Can to Support PCDN

Please consider Paying What You Can to help PCDN grow. We encourage you to consider any amount from $1 and up. Read the SUPPORT page prior to making a payment to see PCDN's impact and how your payment will help.

Sponsored Link

Translate This Page

PCDN NETWORK TWITTER FEED

PCDN Guidelines and Share Pages

By using this site you're agreeing to the terms of use as outlined in the community guidelines (in particular PCDN is an open network indexed by Google and users should review the privacy options). Please note individual requests for funding or jobs are NOT permitted on the network.

Click BELOW to share site resources Bookmark and Share
or Share on LINKEDIN

FOLLOW PCDN on TWITTER, FACEBOOK or GOOGLE+

Google+

Latest Activity

Rafi Nets-Zehngut posted a discussion
3 hours ago
Amr Abdalla updated their profile
4 hours ago
Mulekwa Andrew Martin posted a status
"Seeking funding fora briquetttes social enterprise"
6 hours ago
Rukmini Iyer posted a blog post
6 hours ago
Rukmini Iyer updated their profile
6 hours ago
Mulekwa Andrew Martin updated their profile
6 hours ago
Mulekwa Andrew Martin updated their profile photo
6 hours ago
Profile IconNiamh harnett, Pamela Ofori-Boateng, Jonathan Golden and 2 more joined Peace and Collaborative Development Network
11 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Craig Zelizer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service