By applying lessons learned and a unique combination of tactics, BEFORE works to prevent political violence and catalyze stalled action. We respond to early warning information, move quickly and flexibly to local needs, and share lessons learned.
Which are your primary sectoral areas of expertise (or the primary sectoral areas of your organization) ?
Human Rights, Information and Communication Technology, Peacekeeping, Rule of Law
Which are your primary skills areas(or the primary skill areas of your organization)?
Advocacy, Information Technology, Research
What are some of your current areas of research (if any)?
- Biographical research on Raphael Lemkin (1900-1959) who coined the word genocide in 1943, and was the prime mover behind the 1948 UN Genocide Convention.
- Research on Active and Passive Bystanders during mass atrocity crimes.
If appropriate feel free to list several of your (or your organization's) publications
• "Group Classification on National ID Cards as a Factor in Genocide and Ethnic Cleansing” In National Identification Systems: Essays in Opposition, edited by Carl Watner. (McFarland, 2004).
• “Senator William Proxmire” in Encyclopedia of Genocide & Crimes Against Humanity, edited by Dinah Shelton. (Macmillan, 2004).
• Analytical Index for the 2003 Harper Collins (paperback) edition of Samantha Powers’ book The Problem of Hell: American in the Age of Genocide, winner of the Pulitzer Prize for nonfiction.
You need to be a member of Peace and Collaborative Development Network to add comments!
Please consider Paying What You Can to help PCDN grow. We encourage you to consider any amount from $1 and up. Read the SUPPORT page prior to making a payment to see PCDN's impact and how your payment will help.
Click BELOW to share site resources
or Share on LINKEDIN