- I ask readers interested in peace and conflict to join the Peace and Collaborative Development Network and donate to help keep them alive, if possible. The network is a great place to meet others working in the field, browse job openings, read great blog entries and learn where to find other conflict resources.
- The International Centre on Nonviolent Conflict is now accepting applications for the 2012 Fletcher Summer Institute for the Advanced Study of Nonviolent Conflict at Tufts University running from June 24-30th, 2012.
- The Columbia Centre for Oral History announced its 2012 Summer Institute “What is Remembered: Life Story Approaches in Human Rights Contexts” to be held June 4-15th, 2012 at Columbia University in New York City. Sessions will look at the methodological and theoretical implications of doing life story research with individuals who have suffered human rights abuses and other forms of discrimination.
- A coalition of governments, international organizations and other groups joined forces with the World Bank to confront threats to the health of the planet’s oceans, launching the Global Partnership for Oceans on Friday. Marine life is being threatened by over-fishing, loss of habitat and environmental degradation.
- The Committee to Protect Journalists (CPJ) released its annualAttack on the Press in 2011 report. The report claimed 46 journalists were killed and 179 imprisoned last year in countries around the world, with Pakistan listed as the most dangerous place for journalists to work followed by...
[continued at http://apeaceofconflict.com/2012/02/28/this-week-in-the-world-of-co...]