Hunt Alternatives Fund includes an operating foundation and a private grant making foundation that advance innovative and inclusive approaches to social change at local, national, and global levels. The Institute for Inclusive Security uses research, training, and advocacy to promote the inclusion of all stakeholders, especially women, in peace processes.
The Institute seeks an enthusiastic part-time intern to assist our Middle East program in the Cambridge, MA office. Applicants should be available for initial meetings starting May 1 and able to commit 20 hours per week beginning mid-May.
- Review daily news clips to keep Middle East team abreast of key stories related to women’s leadership;
- Research, interview, and draft bios to assist with the expansion of the Women Waging Peace Network in the region;
- Synthesize recent Inclusive Security research on Israeli-Palestinian negotiations and draft executive summaries;
- Create and maintain a communications calendar that identifies media hooks throughout the region;
- Monitor advocacy opportunities, particularly related to the US Congress;
- Suggest content for the Institute’s blog and carry out related research;
- Draft presentations, opinion pieces, and blogs as needed; and
- Provide administrative and logistical support.
- A bachelor’s degree in political science, international studies, or a related field;
- Demonstrated interest or experience in the Middle East region;
- Experience or demonstrated interest in the women, peace, and security field preferred;
- Excellent writing, research, and interpersonal skills;
- Positive attitude and mature judgment;
- Ability to meet deadlines and thrive whether the project is independent or collective;
- Fluency in Microsoft Office applications: Outlook, Word, Power Point, and Excel required; and
- Arabic language skills preferred.
Interested applicants may send a letter of interest, resume/CV to Kristin Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Middle East Intern” in the subject line of the email. Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is identified.