Dear Community Champions,
It gives me great pleasure to bring you up to date, with accountability and transparency, on all that ASK Academy has accomplished this year! We are working smart and making our Vision and Mission a sustainable reality
; keeping schools and their surrounding communities safe and productive; supporting Equitable Learning and Social Justice.
Through Education, Economics and Entertainment ASK Academy advances, identifies, prioritizes and implements successful intervention strategies. Right now, our effective leadership programs are positively impacting communities nationwide in schools, after school programs and community-based organizations.
We help Policy Makers and Decision Makers accomplish 3 major goals:
1. Bridging the digital divide between affluent communities and underserved populations.
2. Providing leadership trainings for thousands of youth and adults working to improve social institutions.
3. Producing public events: including, music concerts, film festivals, internet radio, You Tube channels, and public television. ASK Academy integrates capital, technology and information across California and nationwide by getting computers, digital equipment, educational software, and live leadership training to Schools, Juvenile Detention Centers, Foster Homes & Community Based Organizations/Non-Profits.
Selected Recent Accomplishments:
• Implementing youth led micro-businesses
in: Facilitation training, Recycling, Aromatherapy and Executive Car Services.
• Training over 200 volunteer mentors
for schools, foster care homes, and youth jails.
• Training 30 ASK Academy Youth Council members
serving as Community Leaders.
• Providing group mentoring to 185 youth from all SFUSD
• Serving over 11,500 youth nationally
, including California, Louisiana, Texas, Michigan
, and Alabama.
In 2010 ASK Academy promises to continue promoting quality programs and services; leading to a healthy environment for all. Additionally, by improving educational and economic opportunities for low-income youth, we create more options and less poverty, resulting in significant reductions in crimes such as theft, gang violence, homicide, and drug abuse.
Today, more than ever, it is important for us to explore all opportunities to network and give back. Thanks for caring so very much!
Wishing you and yours blessings!
215A Klamath St
Brisbane, CA 94005
p.s. I’d like to hear your thoughts about how to Transform the Education, Juvenile Justice, and Foster Care systems in the coming year.