- The Carnegie Endowment for International Peace released a new report discussing the threat of the terrorist group Lashkare-Taiba (LeT) in South Asia. The report suggests that the group is the second most dangerous terrorist group in the region, after al-Qaeda.
- The United States named…
Added by Rebecca Sargent on March 14, 2012 at 7:56pm —
Added by Rebecca Sargent on March 10, 2012 at 3:09pm —
- US Secretary of State Clinton announced she had a “constructive discussion” of common concerns with her counterpart in Pakistan on Thursday; new details about American drone strikes were revealed by Reuters; Pakistani jets…
Added by Rebecca Sargent on February 29, 2012 at 8:54pm —
- President Karzai of Afghanistan confronted the Pakistani leadership on Thursday during a visit to Islamabad, accusing Pakistani officials of harbouring the Taliban; he also was quoted as saying there were secret contacts between the US, Afghan governments and the Taliban, and that the…
Added by Rebecca Sargent on February 22, 2012 at 8:01pm —
- Human Rights Watch released a report accusing Myanmar/Burma and its army of continuing a “systematic repression” of citizens, including the use of anti-personnel landmines, child soldiers, forced labour, extrajudicial killings, sexual violence and the use of human shields, despite the government’s promise of reform and ceasefire agreements with some ethnic armed…
Added by Rebecca Sargent on February 1, 2012 at 10:54pm —
- A US citizen was jailed by authorities in Thailand for translating excerpts of a locally banned biography of the King and posting them online. On Friday, the former PM was being questioned by police in connection with a deadly military crackdown on the “Red Shirt” mass opposition protests that…
Added by Rebecca Sargent on December 14, 2011 at 8:06pm —
- Are women in war-torn countries faring any better today than they did a decade ago? The UNFPA's 2010 State of World Population report, released on Wednesday attempted to answer this question inconclusively. The report suggests taking a broader look at the relationships between women and conflict, paying special attention to the…
Added by Rebecca Sargent on October 22, 2010 at 6:25pm —
Human Rights Watch recently released their latest Human Rights Watch Report for 2010.
As I read through the list of countries profiled in the report, I found myself disappointed that Canada, the UK, Australia or any Western European countries had not made… Continue
Added by Rebecca Sargent on March 30, 2010 at 8:00pm —
Hillary Clinton: Currency Before Compassion?
Human Rights Second, Money First?
Originally posted at Enjoy Mediation
For active news links, click above link
Is this the same direction that we thought the Obama Administration was going to head in? What happened to Conflict Resolution, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Mediation as well as Negotiation? For… Continue
Added by Jeff Thompson on February 21, 2009 at 12:00pm —
What Will You Offer 'In The Name Of Freedom' For 1 Day Of Sharing? Join Us Please May 24, 2009-8am!
POSTER INFO To Be Shared Globally – Please DO Visit http://www.facebook Look at Causes
Walk and Roll For Tibet, You can look for Tatiana A. Kostanian
and see my website/page with full information. You can join there as well !
Our information allows you know about Entrance to Our Global Event
Added by Mrs. Tatiana A Kostanian on November 20, 2008 at 3:19pm —