Considering the experience of post-war Bosnia and Herzegovina over 18 years, it is time to seriously question whether it will ever be possible for the best executed, most well-intended socio-economic projects, donations, investments and interventions to take lasting and sustainable root in the current constitutional and political structure.…See More
"Am Umo Isua-Ikoh, working with Peace Point Action an NGO in Niger Delta Region of Nigeria.
We seek to know how we can join this network since is inline with our area of focus.
Kindly, contact us through this email: email@example.com or +234…"
Please feel free to provide a short bio about yourself or the work of your organization (no more than 3 paragraphs)
TransConflict undertakes conflict transformation projects and research throughout the Western Balkans.
Conflict transformation is a long-term, gradual process, demanding sustained engagement and interaction. Accordingly, TransConflict seeks to contend with the particularities of conflict within specific geographical areas and target groups.
TransConflict focuses on five specific types of transformation (cf. Lederach, Vayrynen – Selected Quotes):
- Actor – modifying actors’ goals and their approach to pursuing these goals.
- Context – influencing the context in which conflict occurs so as to challenge the meaning and perceptions of conflict itself, particularly the respective attitudes and understandings of specific actors towards one another.
- Issue – redefining the issues that are central to the prevailing conflict, and reformulating the position of key actors on those very issues.
- Rule – changes in the norms and rules governing decision-making at all levels determine the extent to which conflicts are constructively resolved.
- Structural – conflict is underpinned by, and embedded in, the prevailing structure of relationships, power distributions and socio-economic conditions, changes to which impact the very fabric of interaction between previously incompatible actors, issues and goals.
Please list the countries and/or regions in which you (or your organization) have direct and significant expertise
Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
What is your current country of residence (or location of your organization)?
What is your current job (and organization) and/or where and what field are you studying?
TransConflict is pleased to present the first contributions from our recently-established Collaborative Conflict Transformation initiative, providing a thorough overview of all aspects of conflict in Uganda. …
I am interested in what fictional literature TransConflicts members feel gave most insight into the cognitive processes of adversaries in conflict. Also I am interested in what fictional literature gives most insight into a different culture than their own. This I confess for a PH.D study I am doing at Anglia Ruskin Cambridge.
I am seeking similar views from writers, publishers ( on all platforms) and development aid and peacekeeping practitconers ( in gov's and NGO's) elsewhere. I am grateful for discourse and help.
No comments yet!
Welcome to Peace and Collaborative Development Network
Please consider Paying What You Can to help PCDN grow. We encourage you to consider any amount from $1 and up. Read the SUPPORT page prior to making a payment to see PCDN's impact and how your payment will help.
Click BELOW to share site resources
or Share on LINKEDIN