"With all due respect, I was shocked to read a catchy title inappropriate to the content of PSR: "Sound smart at your dinner party tonight." Surely, we need to be catchy to attract the attention of readers. However, when we talk of child…"
"Thanks for sharing. Looks like a great material. Does anyone have some concrete ideas on how this roadmap can be used and applied for (1) age-old Israel-Palestine conflict and (2) the escalating U.S.-Israel-Iran conflict over nuclear power in Iran.…"
"Dear Rey Ty, I just visited your profile to post these comments. All the work you are doing looks great.
My query is about Bloom's taxonomy on the chart Jennifer Lentfer quoted yesterday on her blog. Would you please tell me more on the…"
"I respect Rob Kevlihan's view but I respectfully raise a question about the overgeneralized premise according to which: "These changes arise because insurgents are always greedy – they will always look for ways to garner…"
Please feel free to provide a short bio about yourself or the work of your organization (no more than 3 paragraphs)
I am the Training Coordinator of the International Training Office, Division of International Programs, Northern Illinois University. We handle programs involving, among others, interfaith dialogue, inter-ethnic relations, leadership development, conflict resolution, and peace.
Which are your primary sectoral areas of expertise (or the primary sectoral areas of your organization) ?
Alternative Dispute Resolution, Civil Society, Conflict Mainstreaming, Conflict Resolution, Culture, Democratization, Development, Dialogue, Diplomacy, Education, Environment, Facilitation, Gender, Health, Human Rights, Information and Communication Technology, Internally Displaced, Humanitarian Relief, Organizational Development, Peacekeeping, Psychosocial, Refugees, Rule of Law, Security, Social Entreprenuership, Terrorism
Which are your primary skills areas(or the primary skill areas of your organization)?
Advocacy, Capacity Building, Communication, Curriculum Development, Evaluation, Fundraising, Information Technology, Monitoring, Program Administration, Program Design, Program Implemenation, Research, Qualitative Skills, Quantitative Skills, Training
What are some of your current areas of research (if any)?
Human Rights, Conflict Resolution and Peace Activism, Gender, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), civil society, mass democratic movements, popular education, preventive diplomacy, humanitarian intervention, regional task-sharing, truth commissions
If appropriate feel free to list several of your (or your organization's) publications
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
1. Ty, R. (2011). Social Injustice, Human Rights Based Education, and Citizens’ Direct Action to Promote Social Transformation in the Philippines. In Education, Citizenship and Social Justice, 6(3), (in the press).
2. Vivona, B., & Ty, R. (2011). Traumatic death in the workplace: Why should HRD care? In Advances in Human Resources, 13, 99-113.
3. Ty, R. (2000). The concept of power and the “relative equality” of women and men in Southeast Asia. In The Human Rights Journal 4(1 & 2), 57-80.
4. Ty, R. (1997). The human rights debate in the Southeast Asian region: Universality vs. cultural relativism. INEF Report, 23, 3-14. Institut für Entwicklung und Frieden der Gerhard-Mercator-Universität-GH-Duisburg zur wissenschaftlichen Begleitung der Stiftung Entwicklung und Frieden. Gesamthochschule Duisburg. Heft 23/1997. (Institute for Development and Peace at the Gerhard-Mercator-University-GH-Duisburg for the scientific support of the Foundation for Development and Peace. Gesamthochschule Duisburg. Issue 23/1997).
5. Ty, R. (1997). Socio-economic development and political freedom in the Philippines. In The Human Rights Journal 3(2), 63-108.
6. Ty, R. (1996). Pour un universalisme sans exclusives: Notre commune humanité. Thématique n° 4, Cultures, Education et Sociétés: La place des droits de l’homme, (Geneva, Switzerland ; also available in http://www.eipcifedhop.org/publications/thematique4/thematique4.html
7. Ty, R. (1996). Human rights of migrant labor and refugees in the member states of the ASEAN. Foreign Relations Journal XI(1), 49-82.
8. Ty, R. (1992 April-May). Teaching children’s rights in the Philippines. Social Education 56(4), 220-221.
1. Ty, R (in the press now 2011). Three models of peace education: Implications and challenges for societies experiencing internal armed conflicts. In M. Thapa (Ed.). Internal conflicts & peace building challenges. New Delhi: India: New Century Publication.
2. Beltran-Figueroa, M. & Ty, R. (2011). Weaving together the lives of refugee women. Proceedings of the Midwest Research to Practice Conference. St. Charles, MO: Lindenwood University. http://www.lindenwood.edu/mwr2p/docs/papers/Beltran-FigueroaTy.pdf
3. Beltran-Figueroa, M., Folkman, D., Glowacki-Dudka, M., Syam, D. S., & Ty, R. (2011). Models of common ground for social action, community development, and scholarly research. Proceedings of the Midwest Research to Practice Conference. St. Charles, MO: Lindenwood University. http://www.lindenwood.edu/mwr2p/docs/papers/Beltran-FigueroaFolkman...
4. Ty, R. (2010 December). Indigenous peoples in the Philippines: Continuing Struggle. Focus Asia-Pacific, 62, 6-9. Osaka, Japan: HuRights. http://niu.academia.edu/ReyTy/Papers/385880/Rey_Ty._2010_December_....
5. Ty, R. (for submission for publication in 2011). Indigenous peoples in the Philippines: History, role of the state, indigenous peoples’ rights and challenges.
6. Beltran-Figueroa, M. & Ty, R. (2011). Critical HRD and culturally appropriate human rights-based projects for refugees. Proceedings of the AHRD Conference. Chicago, IL: Academy of Human Resource Development. http://niu.academia.edu/ReyTy/Papers/286423/Maria_Beltran-Figueroa_...
I seek to know how my organization (Peace Point Action) can partnar in your programs especially in Niger Delta region and Nigeria in general where peace building efforts needs to be intensified to reduce conflict currentlly going on in the Country.
Hi, Thanks for trying to down load the book. Please try again. I was able to down load it for free to my computer using this code. I wrote to the publisher. Hopefully he will be able to resolve the issue. Michelle
Given your involvement in peace and conflict resolution and focus on Asia, I would like to bring your attention to the upcoming Asia Pacific Mediation Forum (APMF) not-for-profit event; "The Asia Pacific Mediation Leadership Summit - From Talk To Action", taking place in Bangkok 2 - 4 December 2011, which brings together mediation and ADR specialists from various fields; including family mediation, commercial and workplace mediation, court-annexed mediation, conflict and community mediation, climate change and disaster response mediation and various cross-sectional themes, like for example human rights, cross-cultural dynamics and women in mediation.
Do have a look at my profile and the Mediation Summit's link (www.mediation-leadership.com), feel free to email me or send me a message when having any questions regarding participation and also do feel free to forward the information about our Summit to your colleagues.
We published the Structural Attributes of Peaceful Nations in our 2010 Discussion Paper on Peace, Wealth, and Human Potential. This report can be downloaded as a PDF at www.visionofhumanity.org, under the Global Peace Index tab. The report's ISBN number is 9780980627930.
Please consider Paying What You Can to help PCDN grow. We encourage you to consider any amount from $1 and up. Read the SUPPORT page prior to making a payment to see PCDN's impact and how your payment will help.
Translate This Page
PCDN NETWORK TWITTER FEED
PCDN Guidelines and Share Pages
Click BELOW to share site resources
or Share on LINKEDIN