Please feel free to provide a short bio about yourself or the work of your organization (no more than 3 paragraphs)
I am pursuing PhD Research on ‘Disaster Risk Reduction: Review of Public Policies of Bangladesh’ under the Department of Government & Politics at the University of Jahangirnagar, Bangladesh. I have as many as 12 publications to my credit.
I have 6 (six) years of professional experiences under United Nations Bangladesh in the area of local governance, sustainable development, human security, Disaster Response and Risk Reduction, Crisis Prevention, monitoring and evaluation, coordination & communication, strategic planning and development, training, knowledge management, policy formulation and action research in the context of Bangladesh
Please indicate if you're joining PCDN as an individual or organization (please mark the appropriate category)
Please list the countries and/or regions in which you (or your organization) have direct and significant expertise
Bangladesh and South Asia
What is your current country of residence (or location of your organization)?
What is your current job (and organization) and/or where and what field are you studying?
officer-UNDP, United Nations Bangladesh, PhD Researcher, University of Jahangirnagar, Bangladesh
How many years professional experience do you have ?
Which Languages do you speak Proficiently? (note we can not list all languages, only some major world languages or ones related to conflict regions)
Which are your primary sectoral areas of expertise (or the primary sectoral areas of your organization) ?
Alternative Dispute Resolution, Conflict Resolution, Democratization, Humanitarian Relief, Policing
Which are your primary skills areas(or the primary skill areas of your organization)?
Capacity Building, Program Implemenation, Research
Please select the donors (bi-lateral, international or foundations) in which you have direct and signifcant experience (either work for the donor or on projects funded by them)
AUSAID, DFID, SDC, United Nations
What are some of your current areas of research (if any)?
A) Community Policing
B) Human Security
C) Rural Development
D) Climate Change Diplomacy
If appropriate feel free to list several of your (or your organization's) publications
1. Article on Role of Education in Human Resource Development in Bangladesh (English medium) published in the quarterly journal of Bangladesh Public Administration Training Center, Ministry of Establishment, Savar, Dhaka in 2007
2. Article on Role of Union Parishad in Ensuring Social Security in Rural Bangladesh published in quarterly journal of Bangladesh Public Administration Training Center, Ministry of Establishment, Savar, Dhaka in 2007
3. Article on Importance of Ombudsman for Corruption free Public Administration: Bangladesh Perspective (English medium) published in quarterly journal of Bangladesh Public Administration Training Center, Ministry of Establishment, Savar, Dhaka in 2008
4. Article on Consequence of Press Freedom for the Promotion of Democratic Governance: Bangladesh perspective (English medium) published in quarterly journal of Bangladesh Public Administration Training Center, Ministry of Establishment, Savar, Dhaka in 2008
5. Contributed as editorial panel member to National Publication “Disaster Dictionary” (Bangla & English medium) published by Disaster Management Bureau under the Ministry of Food and Disaster Management, Government of Bangladesh in 2009
6. Article on an empirical study on impact of current price hike of raw materials and river bank erosion on Handloom factories at Belkuchi and Sadar upazilas of Sirajganj district’ published in quarterly journal of Bangladesh Public Administration Training Center, Ministry of Establishment, Savar, Dhaka in 2009
7. Joint article on Role of Union Parishad in Human Security with particular focus on Environmental Security: Rural Bangladesh Perspective published in the journal of Department of Government and Politics, Jahangirnagar University in 2010
8. Joint article on Disaster induced Migration in Bangladesh- Potential Threat to Human Security: Policy Discourse published in the journal of Department of Government and Politics, Jahangirnagar University in 2011
9. Joint article on Democratization of Political Parties for Sustainable Democracy in Bangladesh: An Inquiry published in the journal of Department of Government and Politics, Jahangirnagar University in 2011
10. Article on Effective Disaster Management in Rural Bangladesh: An Evaluation of Union Disaster Management Committee published in the journal of National Institute of Local Government, Government of Bangladesh, November 2012.
11. Article on E-Democracy in Developing Countries: Current Trends and Future Prospects published to Begum Rokeya University, Rangpur, Bangladesh
12. Joint article on Role of Print Media in Disaster Management in Bangladesh: an Evaluation in the light of Cyclone Aila published to the Department of Mass Media and Journalism, Jahangirnagar University, Dhaka.
Title of the unpublished articles (submitted to the different journals at home and abroad)
1. Joint Article on Role of Union Parishad in Rural Dispute Resolution: an Evaluation in the Light of People’s Perception is accepted to the Journal of Studies on Asia, Illinois State University, USA.
2. Article on Democratization in Local Government (LG): Revisiting the Lowest Tier of LG in Bangladesh is submitted to the Commonwealth Journal of Local Governance, United Kingdom.
3. Article on Role of Local Government in Health Security in Bangladesh: an Evaluation in the Light of People’s Perception is accepted to the Commonwealth Journal of Local Governance, United Kingdom.
4. Article on Climate Change Diplomacy- Apparatus for Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation: A Reflection in the Context of Bangladesh submitted to the British Journal of Environment and Climate Change for its Eighth Special Issue on Toward a Sustainable and Resilient City – Development of Adaptation Measures to Climate Change, United Kingdom is currently under review
You need to be a member of Peace and Collaborative Development Network to add comments!
Please consider Paying What You Can to help PCDN grow. We encourage you to consider any amount from $1 and up. Read the SUPPORT page prior to making a payment to see PCDN's impact and how your payment will help.
Translate This Page
PCDN NETWORK TWITTER FEED
PCDN Guidelines and Share Pages
Click BELOW to share site resources
or Share on LINKEDIN