Which are your primary sectoral areas of expertise (or the primary sectoral areas of your organization) ?
Alternative Dispute Resolution, Anti-Corruption, Conflict Resolution, Diplomacy, Facilitation
Which are your primary skills areas(or the primary skill areas of your organization)?
Advocacy, Capacity Building, Curriculum Development, Research
What are some of your current areas of research (if any)?
Religio-ethnic relations in Nigeria
If appropriate feel free to list several of your (or your organization's) publications
1. Bunza, M. U., Christian Missions Among Muslims: Sokoto Province, Nigeria, 1935-1990, Africa World Press, NJ, USA, 2007, 273 +x preliminary=283 Pages, ISBN: 1-59221-523-X(hardcover), ISBN:1-59221-523-8(paperback)
2. Gwandu A.A., A. S. Mikail, S.W. Juanidu, Argungu, D. M., Muhammad , S.S., Shuni M.M., Bunza, M. U., (eds)The Sokoto Caliphate: A Legacy of Scholarship and Good Governance, published by the Centre for Islamic Studies, Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto, 2006, (ISBN978-2076-27-9)
3-Bunza, M. U. “Colonialism, Shari’ah and Muslims: The Northern Nigerian Experience” Albayan: Journal of Islamic Research, Vol.2 no.1, 1995 ,pp. 37-49 (ISSN:1116-7077)
4- Bunza, M. U., “A Historical Survey on Medicinal Literature of Sultan Muhammad Bello (1787-1837)” TARIHI Journal, Sokoto State History Bureau, 1996, pp. 45-52. (ISSN:1118-0943)
5-Bunza, M. U. “A Survey on the Jihadists View on the Origin of Sokoto Jihad as Depicted in their Literature” The Beam: Journal of Arts &Science, Vol. 1 No. 1 1997, pp. 118-124.(ISSN1118-5953)
6-Bunza, M.U., and Junaidu, S. U. , “Community Effort in Revamping Education Sector in Sokoto State: Motivation Through History” The Beam: Journal of Arts &Science, 1997, Vol.1 no.1,pp.10-18. (ISSN: 1118-5953)
7-.Bunza, M. U. and Junaidu, S.U, “Christian Missionary Activities in Sokoto State: An Evaluation of their Impact on the Development of Western Education” The Beam Journal, Vol. 2 no.1, 1997, PP.21-29. (ISSN: 1118-5953)
8- Bunza, M. U., “Corruption and Instability in Nigeria’s Political History 1966-date” The Beam Journal, Vol.2 no.1, 1997, pp. 122-129. (ISSN: 1118-5953)
9- Bunza, M.U., “The Islamic State: A Panacea to Nigeria’s Political Impasse” in Gwandu ,A. A. (ed) Islam and Contemporary World Politics, a Proceeding of the International Conference on Islam and Political Challenges of Modern times, ,1997, pp. 145-155. (ISSN: 1117-5982)
10- Bunza, M. U., and Junaidu, S. U. “Sourcing Indigenous Materials for Science and Technical Education for the Year 2010: Lessons from the Pre-colonial Northern Nigeria” Technical Education and Vision 2010, Proceeding of the Second National Conference on Technical Education and Vision 2010, Published by Federal College of Education Technical Gusau, 1997, pp. 202-210
11-Bunza, M. U., “Science in the History of the Sokoto Caliphate: A Reflection on the Nubdhah fi adwiyat al-Didan( Treatise on the treatment of worms) of Muhammad Bello” Degel :Journal of the Faculty of Arts and Islamic Studies (FAIS), Vol. 2, September 1999, pp. 37-41.(ISSN: 0794-9316)
12-Bunza, M.U., “The Hausa Factor in Christian Proselytisation in Northern Nigeria” Hausa Studies: Journal of the Department of Nigerian Languages, Vol.1, no.1 1999, pp. 262-270. (ISSN: 978-34885)
13- Usman, M.T. &, Bunza, M. U. “A Short Note on Islamic Perspective on History Writing” Degel : Journal of Faculty of Arts and Islamic Studies, Vol.III, 2000, pp. 190-198. (ISSN: 0794-9316)
14-Bunza, M. U., “Islamism vs. Secularism: A Religious-political Struggle in Modern Nigeria” Journal for the Study of Religions and Ideologies, Republic of Romania (available on line, http://hiphi.ubbcluj.ro /JSRI) no.2, Summer, 2002,pp.49-65. (ISSN1583-0039)
15- Bunza, M. U., “Political Islam under British Colonial Administration in Sokoto Province 1903-1950s” in Journal of Islamic Studies, University of Cape Town, South Africa, Vol.22. 2002, (Special Issue), pp.66-81.(ISSN:0257-7062)
16-Bunza, M. U. & Muhammad, S. ”The Role of Muslim Scholars in Preservation and Utilization of Medicinal Plants in Northern Nigeria: A Study of Qaul al –Senna, of Sultan Muhammad Bello, 1787-1837” in Degel Journal of Faculty of Arts and Islamic Studies (FAIS), Vol. VI. August, 2003, pp.73-80. (ISSN0794-9316)
17- Bunza, M. U., “Muslims and the Modern State in Nigeria: A Study of the Impact of Foreign Religious Literature, 1980s- 1990s”, Islam Et Societes Au Sud Du Sahara, 17-18,2004, Paris, pp.49-63. (ISSN:0984-7685 &ISBN:2-7351-1055-9)
18- Bunza, M.U., “Muslim- Christian Relations in Northern Nigeria: A Comment” Yakubu, A.M., Jumare, A. I., Saeed, A. G., (eds) in Northern Nigeria: A Century of Transformation, Kaduna: Published by the Arewa House, 2005, pp. 492- 507 (ISBN:978-135-142X)
19-Bunza, M. U., “The Iranian Model of Political Islamic Movement in Nigeria, (1979-2002)” in Gomez-Perez, M. (ed) L’islam politique au sud du Sahara: Identities, discourse et enjeux, Karthala, Paris 2005, pp.227-242.(ISBN:2-84586-615-1)
20- Bunza, M. U., “ The North African Factor in Tajdeed Tradition in Hausaland, Northern Nigeria” in The Journal of North African Studies, Taylor & Francis Group Oxford, Vol. 10 Number 3-4, September- December, 2005, pp.325-338.(ISSN:1362-9387)
21-Bunza, M.U., “ A Reflection on the 200 Years of the Sakkwato Caliphate”, in Gwandu A. A., et al (eds), The Sokoto Caliphate: A Legacy of Scholarship and Good Governance, Published by the Centre for Islamic Studies, Usmanu Danfodiyo University , Sokoto, 2006, pp.87-98.(ISBN:978-2076-27-9)
22-Bunza, M.U., “ Religious Tolerance in the Sokoto Caliphate: Lessons for the Nigerian State”, in Boboyi H. and Yakubu, A.M. eds., The Sokoto Caliphate: History and Legacies, 1804-2004, Baraka Press, Published by the Arewa House Kaduna, Vol. II, 2006, PP. 251-269.(ISBN: 978-135-168-3)
23- Bunza, M.U. “ Girmace Shrine among the Dakarkari in Zuru: An Examination of African Traditional Religion in Northwestern Nigeria”, KADA Journal of Liberal Arts, Journal of the Faculty of Arts, Kaduna State University, Kaduna, Vol. 1. No. 1. 2007, PP. 33-40.
24- Bunza, M.U., ‘Shari’ah in the History and Political Development of Nigeria”, in Adekunle, J. O., (ed) Religion in Politics: Secularism and National Integration in Modern Nigeria, Africa World Press/ Red Sea Press, Publishers, NJ, USA, 2009, pp.137-158.
25. ‘Bunza, M. U., “The Contribution of Waziri Junaidu bin Bukhari (1906-1997)to the Development of History in the 20th century Nigeria’ Maiduguri Journal of Arts and Social Sciences, MAJASS, Vol. 6., No. 1, June, 2008, pp.265-279.
26. Bunza, M. U., “The Significance of the Doctrinal Disputations between Muhammad al-Amin al-Kanemi and the Leadership of the Sokoto Caliphate, 1804 – 1817”, in The Kanem Borno Empire: Contineuty and Change, forthcoming 2008.
27. Bunza, M. U., ‘The Book Culture in the Muslim World and the Development of Indigenous Scholarship in (Hausaland), Northern Nigeria, up to the 19th century’, under review by the Editorial Board Ufahamu Journal of African Studies, University of California, USA, 2010
28. Bunza, M.U., ‘Toyin Falola: A Historian in the Study of Religions’, in Afolabi, N., (ed), Toyin Falola: The Man, the Mission and the Muse, University of Texas, USA, 2009, forthcoming
29. Bunza, M.U., “An Overview of Medicinal Arabic Manuscripts of the Sokoto Caliphate”, in El-Miskin, T., et al. eds, Nigeria’s Intellectual Heritage: Preserving Nigeria’s Scholarly and Literary Traditions and Arabic/Ajami Manuscript Heritage, Nigeria Arabic Manuscript Project, 2009, pp.36-51.
30. Bunza, M. U., Arabic Manuscripts as Alternative Sources in the Re-Construction of Northern Nigerian History’ Kaduna Journal of Historical Studies, Maiden Issue, 2009. Pp.89-102.
31. Bunza, M.U., and Alhaji, A. S., ‘The Rikon Kabi after the Fall of Birnin Kebbi (circa, 1805): A Historical Survey of the Lower Region’, under review by the editorial committee of ZAJOLA, Zaria Journal of Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, 2009.
32. Ashafa, A.M., and Bunza, M.U., ‘Attaining the Millennium Development Goals on Achaba: The Impact on Rural Production in Northern Nigeria’, under Review by the Editorial Board of CONTEXT: Journal of Social & Cultural Studies, 2010.
33. Bunza, M. U. and Ashafa, A.M., ‘The Ethno-political elements of Religious Conflicts in Nigeria: A Prelimanary Inquiry’, under Review by the Editorial Board of KASU Journal of History Department, 2010.
Comment Wall (1 comment)
You need to be a member of Peace and Collaborative Development Network to add comments!
Please consider Paying What You Can to help PCDN grow. We encourage you to consider any amount from $1 and up. Read the SUPPORT page prior to making a payment to see PCDN's impact and how your payment will help.
Click BELOW to share site resources
or Share on LINKEDIN