About World Pulse: Introducing a New Frequency in Global Media

World Pulse is a global media network devoted to bringing women a global voice.

We accelerate change by uniting women worldwide through our media channels, which include a magazine, an interactive website, an online community, and grassroots events. In addition, we conduct an online women’s citizen journalism and empowerment training program that equips grassroots women from forgotten regions to become voices for their communities and effect change.

World Pulse was founded as a non-profit social media enterprise in Portland, Oregon in 2003. Today a network of 40,000 women are speaking out and connecting through World Pulse from over 180 countries.

Job Summary

World Pulse is seeking a Congo Advisor to assist with the development of a new programmatic initiative in the Eastern Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). The goals of the project are to support local and global networking for the women of Eastern Congo; to amplify women’s voices with new media tools, on the ground training, and editorial direction; and to increase awareness about the circumstances in the Eastern Congo and engage global audiences through direct action and communication with women in the region.

Responsibilities

• Provide technical expertise and analysis to the Congo Project Manager on issues in Eastern Congo, including cultural sensitivities, security considerations, past and present gender initiatives, and grassroots women’s leadership and organizational culture in the region.
  • Participate in the initial assessment, explore potential Congo partnerships and key contacts, and support the development of a strategic networking plan.
  • Monitor trends and issues affecting women in Eastern Congo and advise strategic responses to opportunities and challenges.
  • Manage development of Internet hotspot and accessibility map in Eastern Congo, and needs assessment of technology gaps and opportunities.
  • Advise program strategy and implementation as appropriate, and advise on the reassessment of project’s impact measures.
  • Manage translators in developing Swahili and French versions of training materials and review final copy.

Qualifications

• Fluency in English and French, competent in Congo Swahili or other regional language.
  • Minimum 5 years experience working on gender-related projects in DRC.
  • Exceptional regional/sector specific technical knowledge and skills.
  • Understands and is very comfortable with the social media universe
  • A record of professionalism, accountability and confidentiality
  • Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities, ensuring organization and attention to details.
  • Proven, exemplary interpersonal and diplomacy skills, and the ability to work independently and collaboratively.
  • Self-motivated, critical thinker who can think outside the box to identify creative solutions.

Position Details

Reports to: Online Community Manager

Terms: Part-time, Contract. Salary DOE. Preferably based in Goma or Bukavu, DR Congo.

Tags: Congo, DR, DRC, empowerment, women's

Views: 62

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think this job might be a good opportunity to serve my people, mainly our mothers, aunts,sisters, and grandmas in DRC. I am looking for more details regarding this organization "World Pulse" my email is willadam@brandeis.edu.  tHANK YOU

Hi William.

You can read more about this position @  http://www.worldpulse.com/node/38208

and to know more about Pulsewire - click on to www.pulsewire.com  or www.worldpulse.com

Good luck

ziwoh

Thanks Jade

I'm interest, I'm locate in Bukavu

thanks

Dear Jade, thanks for sharing. Would you tell me the deadline for applications?

Kind regards

RSS

Sponsored Link

Please Pay What You Can to Support PCDN

Please consider Paying What You Can to help PCDN grow. We encourage you to consider any amount from $1 and up. Read the SUPPORT page prior to making a payment to see PCDN's impact and how your payment will help.

Sponsored Link

Translate This Page

PCDN NETWORK TWITTER FEED

PCDN Guidelines and Share Pages

By using this site you're agreeing to the terms of use as outlined in the community guidelines (in particular PCDN is an open network indexed by Google and users should review the privacy options). Please note individual requests for funding or jobs are NOT permitted on the network.

Click BELOW to share site resources Bookmark and Share
or Share on LINKEDIN

FOLLOW PCDN on TWITTER, FACEBOOK or GOOGLE+

Google+

© 2014   Created by Craig Zelizer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service