For more information, please visit: http://www.changemakers.com/empathy
Ashoka Changemakers is excited to invite you to participate in its newest global competition in education, Activating Empathy! Transforming Schools to Teach What Matters. More than $80,000 in cash and in-kind prizes will be awarded to the best ideas, programs and learning models that ensure children master empathy, enabling them to be effective citizens, leaders and trailblazers.
Solutions that help young people learn and practice empathy in schools include those that:
- Encourage social and emotional development
- Unlock new ways of viewing problems, opening the door to a new world of potential solutions
- Address bullying or aggression in ways that advance understanding of others' perspectives
- Promote community diversity and a respect for differences
- Champion children as real-world problem solvers rather than simply bystanders
By launching this online collaborative competition, Changemakers is challenging teachers, principals, parents, students, and other innovators to share ideas—whether it’s a project, a program, or a new learning experience—for advancing empathy in education.
Apply online to share and win support for your idea, and to connect with others contributing to this important and exciting movement.
The final deadline for entries is March 30, 2012. Entries submitted before February 23, 2012 will also eligible for an Early Entry prize.
The competition is part of Ashoka’s newly launched Empathy Initiative, a collaborative platform for social entrepreneurs and others who share the vision of a world where every child masters empathy, and who have the insights and innovations that will make that vision a reality.
Please visit changemakers.com/empathy for more information and to enter the competition.