Seeking Feedback on Impact/Benefits of Being a Member of the PCDN Network

Dear Colleagues

Greetings. In order to help to grow the network and to attract new members, we would like to start a page on the network highlighting comments of how members are using or benefiting from the Peace and Collaborative Development Network. If you might have time to provide brief comments on how this site has helped you in your work/professional development, this would be very helpful. In your responses please also include your name, job, organization, location and if we have permission to post your comments on a separate page promoting the network. You can post in this discussion or send feedback directly to me.

Some possible benefits from being on the site might include:

* New Contacts
* Obtaining a Scholarship
* Attending a Training Program
* New Research
* New Information
* New Projects
* Other Areas

Tags: benefit, evaluation, feedback, impact, members, network

Views: 4846

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks. We are starting to explore ways to do more off-line events, but this will take time, resources and energy.  The Ted Idea is great. Right now we are swamped with visioning and doing scaling up work on the site, but would be interested to hear more.

I must start by saying that I'm happy to be able to respond to your query!  As a grassroots community worker focused on peace building in Northern Ireland and the Border Counties of the Republic of Ireland, I find the information from the Network invaluable.  The Network keeps me abreast of developments, adds to the content of courses and reminds me on a daily basis that there are many others out there working in very similar ways for similar reasons.  Also, the daily emails help me to look at the possibility of transferring learning from other conflict zones and academic programmes to what we do here.  The Network helps me to 'think outside the box'. 

Thanks for your very helpful comments and would appreciate if you could let others in N. Ireland and your network know about PCDN. Would also be great if you write some blogs on your work.

PCDN has benefitted me through opening up the world of collaborative development.  There are so many amazing projects, organizations, opportunities, discussions, and individuals I would have never learned about if it weren't for the network.  PCDN is where I go to learn about what type of action different groups are taking right now, about what issues people face and really care about.  

Thanks so much for all the work being done to keep the PCDN running!

Lily Raphael, student

This is a great place to go for lots of information on peace building activities. I love the site but only that I did not enjoy and engage in active discussions with members despite I spent most of my time on the forum here.

Wish all the best. 

Thanks. We would encourage you to also become more active in posting information and your own ideas.

Thank you craig for ur website has benefit and provide information to all who people are members and have ability contribute as member Peace collabration network as social to discuss issue collabration of peace and conflect and how we could find solution, so that world could be better place for generation.I am stronger believe we people have ability create stability and world conflict, the world leader have recakless Ideaologist could not promat peace and justice special african acountries in which it has been rules by leader does have vission or investor national resource to help country in infranstrcuter and benefit the student whom are studies about all world conflect

Aside from the fascinating people, articles, stories, references, guidance on careers, and so on, my research would not have been possible without the contacts made through this website. I would not have been able to contact local, national peacebuilders without this site as I was based in the UK at the time, and the majority of institutions I contacted directly declined to participate. Further, the response was incredible, the participants were more diverse than I dared imagine possible, and because we'd got in touch here rather than through more formal channels, people answered as themselves rather than as their institutions, so the result was far richer and I felt made more direct contact with realities on the ground. Massive, massive thanks.

i think govt has to sponser this type of superb activity for good of people

Dear Craig;

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to give feedback and comments on the role of PCDN. I am here to express my strong appreciation on the efforts you are making on the way to facilitation of network among the intellectuals all around the globe. The network is of great importance and I am sure that everyone benefitted from it to a great extent. It is a unique way of access to a huge source of information coordination and sharing of information globally. It also paves way to those who wants to upgrade their skills through education by means of getting scholarships/fellowships and other important educational event.

My Name is Hakim Gul Ahmadi, Director of an indigenous Afghan NGO naming Engineering Services for Afghanistan Reconstruction (ESAR )based in Kabul-Afghansitan. We are working for the welfare of Afghans since 1989. I am greatly inspired by the networks and I have no hesitation on allowing you to post my comments on another separate page promoting the network.

Hi Craig,

I HAVE BENEFITED  IN ALL OF THE FOLLOWING WAYS;  New Contacts * Obtaining a Scholarship * New Research * New Information * New Projects * BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY IN EXCHANGE OF VIEWS AND EXPERIENCES.

Am so excited to be a part of this life changing site! I cannot but mention a few out of the many benefits am enjoying from the PCDN site as a member such as the rich information’s, career events and professional interactions with colleagues all around the world.

This is incredible I must say! And to the initiator, the pilot of this great site, Dr. Craig Zelizer I owe many thanks to say well done and more grease to your elbow.

Please feel free to post if necessary!

Julius Atanawhemera Esq

Principal Partner,

J.A Atanawhemera & Co.

Initiator of Int’l School of

Conflicts Management &

Diplomatic Studies

Abuja-FCT

Nigeria.

RSS

Sponsored Link

Please Pay What You Can to Support PCDN

Please consider Paying What You Can to help PCDN grow. We encourage you to consider any amount from $1 and up. Read the SUPPORT page prior to making a payment to see PCDN's impact and how your payment will help.

Sponsored Link

Translate This Page

PCDN NETWORK TWITTER FEED

PCDN Guidelines and Share Pages

By using this site you're agreeing to the terms of use as outlined in the community guidelines (in particular PCDN is an open network indexed by Google and users should review the privacy options). Please note individual requests for funding or jobs are NOT permitted on the network.

Click BELOW to share site resources Bookmark and Share
or Share on LINKEDIN

FOLLOW PCDN on TWITTER, FACEBOOK or GOOGLE+

Google+

© 2014   Created by Craig Zelizer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service