Seeking Feedback on Impact/Benefits of Being a Member of the PCDN Network

Dear Colleagues

Greetings. In order to help to grow the network and to attract new members, we would like to start a page on the network highlighting comments of how members are using or benefiting from the Peace and Collaborative Development Network. If you might have time to provide brief comments on how this site has helped you in your work/professional development, this would be very helpful. In your responses please also include your name, job, organization, location and if we have permission to post your comments on a separate page promoting the network. You can post in this discussion or send feedback directly to me.

Some possible benefits from being on the site might include:

* New Contacts
* Obtaining a Scholarship
* Attending a Training Program
* New Research
* New Information
* New Projects
* Other Areas

Tags: benefit, evaluation, feedback, impact, members, network

Views: 5227

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I Syed Mohammad Hassan am a bachelor degree holder. I was almost no one after my education with BBA degree before I get acquainted with PCDN site. The site is amazingly instructive that continually up-dated me for all activities, call for submission, competition, paper, grant and many more. My documentary has won the first audience choice prize with Womens Voices Now in LA the USA and this is because of PCDN that kept on updating activities like that. Today am working with the head of Yayasan Chow Kit in Kuala Lumpur as an advocacy and research executive for the most stigmatized people, economically poor and disadvantaged children: street children, youths, stateless children and refugee children.

Thank you very much PCDN.

Benefits obtained from PCDN include New Information, New contacts, and participation in forums to share new ideas and shared experience with professional colleagues.

Kisuke Ndiku, Consultant Researcher PRECISE, Nairobi, Kenya; you may post my feedback for others and other useful needs of PCDN

noted.Gbemi

PCDN has been PDNK's main source of information on global conflict and peace trends which has been instrumental in our work which has primarily been to address pastoralist conflicts and peace building. The resources available have helped us design innovative approaches towards addressing pastoralist conflicts and informing policy discourse on the same as well as capacity building. Information received from PCDN has been shared widely among PDNKs grassroots member organisations strewn across 19 districts in Kenya and this has improved their advocacy capacities. We remain grateful to PCDN for their continued provision of useful information and other tips. ASANTE SANA (Swahili-Thank you very much)

Thanks for the wonderful feedback. Would appreciate if you could continue to let others know about the network. Would also be wonderful if you could share more about your work on PCDN about what works, lessons learned, etc.

Hi Professor Zelizer. I found improvement in job and fellowship listings during March: yet in February I only felt these sections were moderately effective.  I gained agreement with trying to explore my past United Nations Association of U.S.A. interests when I talked about combining marketing of past Master's Degree in International Affairs from Columbia University with my 2011 Georgetown Certificate in Project Management.

I was pleased with open expression of my comments on freeing of election observers from Egypt, and since I went to Columbia U., I hope you continue openness in discussing President Obama's peace philosophy. I tried to agree with you in Georgetown in bipartisan honors including Republican candidates when I made entries on Marist High School. Marist intends to honor a liberal teacher, Mr. Malito, who opposed the Vietnam War and Nixon when he first taught.  Please feel free to contact Marist High School in Chicago yourself before a major March 23 event: I feel Marist does not understand the purposes of your network since they have not responded to my messages about it yet. Marist sent me information on soldiers in Afghanistan: yet in President Obama's re-election year I hope to hear about additional political topics.  Please cautiously approach peace talks in Qatar,

Please see www.marist.edu for Marist College's Internet entry on their teaching about the Nobel Peace Prize. I respect the main purpose of tomorrow's event in to honor alumni who like wrestling and football sports friendships.  Thanks.

Luís Fernando Bravo de Barros;

Criminal lawyer;

São Paulo- Brazil;

Permission to post granted.

New to the world of peace-building, after getting involved with the subject at the end of an International Law LLM in Brazil, PCDN has been of great value to introduce me to the professional and academic universe of strategic peace-building and peaceful tools to promote conflict resolution, not only providing rich information about academic activities and job opportunities, but also vehiculating high quality papers and short essays on various matters related to it.

Hi Craig,

I have been a follower of PCDN for a short time. But it has been a lot I've seen and gained from it. Thanks for you especially, for forwarding events for us. The most important areas for me are scholarship, research opportunity & training programme announcements. Job announcements here are far beyond of compatibility of me. I wish you fullest courage and strength in continuing this social service.

Best regards,

from Dilip Sirisena

Dear Researchers,

I'm an individual researcher and have completed an international Master's Degree in Conflict, Peace & Development Studies last year. I'm seeking a financial grant for a research on transformation of environmental conflicts brought about by tourism's ecological degradation and climate change contribution through infrastructure development and emissions. If anyone is interesting or know about a grant source, please let me know via "dilipsiri@gmail.com".

Thanking you,

Dilip Chaminda

I have no words to say ...it is amazing site with full of resources..

Dear Craig and team It is fabulous to have a network like this. I have initiated psychologists network in India to stay connected, since we do not have a strong professional psychology association in India though we have more than 100,000 psychologists in the country. And I have been forwarding different opportunities and scholarships to the group. As a result some of the members of the psychology community in India have also joined this network. The resource is enormouos and I wish to make use of the opportunities further in future. And I could also trace some of my friends working in the area of peace from different parts of the globe through the net work. Warm Regards L. Sam S. Manickam, Ph.D. Professor in Clinical Psychology Room 204,Department of Psychiatry JSS University JSS Medical College Hospital, M G Road Mysore 570004 Karnataka, India lssmanickam@gmail.com 0-9448673648 0821-2424648 ( You may use the feedback for the benefit of this network)

Dear Leister

Thank you for your kind feedback, much appreciated. If you could also share PCDN widely with your colleagues would be great. Perhaps you can start a similar online network to connect psychologists in your country?

RSS

Sponsored Link

Please Pay What You Can to Support PCDN

Please consider Paying What You Can to help PCDN grow. We encourage you to consider any amount from $1 and up. Read the SUPPORT page prior to making a payment to see PCDN's impact and how your payment will help.

Sponsored Link

Translate This Page

PCDN NETWORK TWITTER FEED

PCDN Guidelines and Share Pages

By using this site you're agreeing to the terms of use as outlined in the community guidelines (in particular PCDN is an open network indexed by Google and users should review the privacy options). Please note individual requests for funding or jobs are NOT permitted on the network.

Click BELOW to share site resources Bookmark and Share
or Share on LINKEDIN

FOLLOW PCDN on TWITTER, FACEBOOK or GOOGLE+

Google+

© 2014   Created by Craig Zelizer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service