Seeking Feedback on Impact/Benefits of Being a Member of the PCDN Network

Dear Colleagues

Greetings. In order to help to grow the network and to attract new members, we would like to start a page on the network highlighting comments of how members are using or benefiting from the Peace and Collaborative Development Network. If you might have time to provide brief comments on how this site has helped you in your work/professional development, this would be very helpful. In your responses please also include your name, job, organization, location and if we have permission to post your comments on a separate page promoting the network. You can post in this discussion or send feedback directly to me.

Some possible benefits from being on the site might include:

* New Contacts
* Obtaining a Scholarship
* Attending a Training Program
* New Research
* New Information
* New Projects
* Other Areas

Tags: benefit, evaluation, feedback, impact, members, network

Views: 4366

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This network has been of great help to me. I have shared with many others who have since joined it. Personally, this network has helped me get information concerning scholarship opportunities and other trainings. I am still seeking though not yet succeeded in finding a PhD scholarship in the areas of Peace and Conflict. Definitely, this network is helpful.
You can quote my statements and post them for others to see.
Dear Craig,

At Conciliation Resources we find your network very useful. It is especially useful in identifying like-minded organizations, get new ideas, and checking funding opportunities.
Thanks!
Cynthia Petrigh
Director of Policy and Comparative Learning
Hi,

This network indeed wonderful interms of information and learning sharing. I am still in quest of scholarship for my further study in peace building.

Thanks

Sagar Gaudel
Craig! the Network has been very useful to me and my organization in the following ways: I have personally been linked up with friends and family members whom I never imagined coming into contact with not at least now. I have also utilized the numerous scholarship and fellowship opportunities posted on this net. Though I am yet to attract one, I am confident of being victorious soon. Furthermore, my organization now has easy access to funding opportunities as most of the postings in this regard fall within our strategic plan. It has been a wonderful moment using this site.
Dear Paran
Thanks for the feedback and glad to hear you're finding benefits from the site. Would also appreciate if you could let others know about the network.
Hi Craig,
Andria Durney, PhD student, Centre for Contemporary Art and Politics, College of Fine Arts, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
Yes, you can use this info as you like
Benefits:
* new contacts - I located some peacebuilders in England and Armidale, NSW, who have been critical in helping me with my research both in terms of moral support and concrete resources and ideas. This is especially helpful to me because my supervisor has no knowledge of peacebuilding, and very few academics seem to in Australia.
* resources - I have found many excellent references through articles people list on their homepages as well as university course outlines' reference materials
* scholarship application - I used this reference material when applying for scholarships and was successful in getting one. I wish I had known about this site earlier (and also when I had no family and would have been free to travel) because there are so many fantastic scholarship possibilities out there
* country-specific resources. It is excellent how many region-specific resources there are, especially to support those in less wealthy countries
* work opportunities - although I am not ready to apply for jobs yet, I am keeping a record of the positions advertised so that I understand the area better and understand how to develop my skills to appeal to potential employers. This is especially helpful because most employment agencies have no access to these sorts of job advertisements
* feeling supported - it is wonderful to find out that so many people are committed to this work and to learn about the diverse approaches being followed. This gives fuel to my continuing my work and dream, knowing that so many others see the way I do, even if this does not seem apparent looking around my society in general.
* it is also nice to be part of something where there is no pressure to follow a certain way of thinking or to do certain things to support people, but rather just take and give what we need and can. This is especially good when people in this area are already so burdened with emotional and work demands.
* I really appreciate how well-organised, clever and generous this site is.

Another comment - quite often I do not have time to read all the posts, or they are not relevant to me (eg call for scholarship applications). I'm not sure whether you have already done this, but it might be an idea to invite newcomers to list what sorts of posts they would like to receive. Maybe that is what the digest thing is (I haven't checked it out yet)?

Very best wishes and thanks,
Andria Durney
Dear Andria
Thanks for the very thorough and helpful feedback, it is much appreciated. Regarding what type of information new members use, they get a fairly detailed message (which I keep updating) about the site and encouraging them to also visit the Guide to Site Sources so they can learn how to manage their account.
Feel free to suggest additional resources you might want to see and would appreciate if you could let others know about the network.
The new digest format breaks out items by categories which I think many people will find of benefit.
Networks are a good thing as they allow people to know what is going on throughout the world, they also connect people in knowing every updates.

Thank,

Mugisho
Dear Craig
I find this Peace and Collaborative Development Network ,a great source for professional networking, resources sharing and helpful for exploring the multifaceted fields of peacebuilding, conflict resolution, development.

I am writing this to express my high degree of appreciation for the tremendous efforts that you put in every passing day for making the dream of building up a peaceful world through dissemination of ideas and other relevant resources.

I have personally enjoyed being a part of this network and looking forward to more of your successes in your chosen area of commitment.

Biswajit Mohapatra,Ph.D(JNU)
Asst.Prof
NORTH EASTERN HILL UNIVERSITY
Dept.of Political Science
SHILLONG 793022- INDIA

Former General Secretary,North Eastern Hill University Teachers' Association(NEHUTA);
Former National Executive Member,Federation Of Central University Teachers' Associations(FEDCUTA)
E mail:: biswajitm_1@hotmail.com, biswajitm1@gmail.com

"We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible."Vince Lombardi
Dear Criag,
Please sometimes one may fail to get what word exactly to say to potray what is deep their Hearts but let me take this moment once again to never end saying thankkyou to you very very much for the wonderful site. Joining this Peace and Collobartive Network has brough into my life new dimension of life and professional and social networks of friends.

The useful informations you alway provide us through the site increased my passion along the professional life, professional i have manged to link up with different friends, the urge to seek and extend peace within our communities is enddless, many people now write to me to find out more about the 2 decades of civil conflict in northern uganda and the subsequent peacebuilding and psychosocial programming components in the post cconflict development and recovery and they have really come to know more the dynamics of the conflict.

Though am still searching for any scholarship in conflict and human rights or humanitarian emergency programmesi really appreciate my joining of this great site and for sure i truely attribute this to you for making us link uo with different people across the globe and wish and call upon many more people to join this site as they will find great information, resources, links as we all seek peace in our trouble world. Keep in touch with you all at the site.

Godfrey Canwat
Northern Uganda
I am just a day old member, but found the network interesting and useful. While Exploring its deep potentials, I appreciate this devoted effort of Mr. Craig and participation of all the members.

Shehzad
Dear Craig, for me the network has been a very valuable source of information, which I have also forwarded to my students and colleagues, who have applied to some of the scholarships or have attended the meetings announced in the network.
I like the fact that the network is useful for scholars and practitioners, which are often living in separate worlds. So to receive information about both kinds of activity is very important to me.
Best of luck and congratulations.
Angelika

RSS

Sponsored Link

Please Pay What You Can to Support PCDN

Please consider Paying What You Can to help PCDN grow. We encourage you to consider any amount from $1 and up. Read the SUPPORT page prior to making a payment to see PCDN's impact and how your payment will help.

Sponsored Link

Translate This Page

PCDN NETWORK TWITTER FEED

PCDN Guidelines and Share Pages

By using this site you're agreeing to the terms of use as outlined in the community guidelines (in particular PCDN is an open network indexed by Google and users should review the privacy options). Please note individual requests for funding or jobs are NOT permitted on the network.

Click BELOW to share site resources Bookmark and Share
or Share on LINKEDIN

FOLLOW PCDN on TWITTER, FACEBOOK or GOOGLE+

Google+

Latest Activity

© 2014   Created by Craig Zelizer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service