Dear all,

Update: Click here for the follow up to this research post.

I am conducting research concerning advocacy and public action in peacebuilding with the Open University,
and am writing to ask if you or a colleague or contact would be able to spare 30 minutes to contribute. Anyone who has experienced advocacy in peacebuilding can contribute, and by advocacy I mean anything from small community-based organizations challenging armed forces, to literacy programmes enabling people to monitor services or demand rights, to organizational capacity-building, to being consulted by a bilateral agency such as DFID to inform their bilateral lobbying, and everything inbetween.

By collating a broad range of experiences and perspectives, I aim to assess whether locally-rooted peacebuilding can be supported at larger scales for a broader impact, and generate guidelines for large organizations regarding the use of locally-led peacebuilding. I feel this is a promising area, and I'd be extremely grateful if I could broaden my research with your experiences.

The research is entitled "Making space for peace: The interplay of power and public action in sustainable peacebuilding". It looks at how public action and advocacy interact with coercive power, legitimacy and the sustainability of peacebuilding
. In future research I hope to establish evidence of broader benefits.

Respondents can contribute via 25 minute on-line questionnaire or 35 minute interview, at any time during August or early September at the respondent's convenience. (If you can provide documents, I can pre-populate the questionnaire and give you a username and password, further reducing these times.) I will be conducting analysis with the assistance of my tutor Professor Liz Thomas during September, and distributing findings mid-October. I promise to respect the confidentiality of responses and, if desired, I'd be delighted to talk through or provide a summary report on the outcomes of my research.

The questionnaire is available on-line
now at www.advocacyforpeace.com , or please call or message me with any comments or queries, or to make arrangements.

Addendum: The questionnaire has now been translated into French. Please click here to enter the details of your programme (http://www.advocacyforpeace.com/?y=x&lang=fr)

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and to consider my request.

Yours sincerely
Chris Preager
Open University

Tags: action, advocacy, chris, coercive, development, legitimacy, open, participatory, peacebuilding, people-centred, More…power, preager, public, research, sustainability, university

Views: 66

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Chris,

I've started an initiative that is both similar (and different) to yours. It's just starting, but you may want to check out the case studies on my site at www.modelsofunity.net Hope it's helpful.

Zarrin
This is great thank you. I'd need to make too many assumptions to use the case studies formally in my research, but the projects are certainly inspiring and relevant to my analysis. All the very very best of luck with it.
Dear all,

Thanks hugely to everyone who has responded, I've been quite overwhelmed with people's willingness to contribute.

The questionnaire has now been translated into French. Please click here to enter the details of your programme (http://www.advocacyforpeace.com/?y=x&lang=fr)

Thanks hugely for your contribution
Chris
can i know ur prject? plz

From
Dr. Kamal kumar saha
Chairman
world peace mission
bangladesh
Dear Dr Kamal Kumar Saha

Thank you for your interest. You would be extremely welcome to participate, to do so click here, and I'll be distributing results and findings in mid-October, including on this forum.

All the very best with your invaluable work
Chris

RSS

Sponsored Link

Please Pay What You Can to Support PCDN

Please consider Paying What You Can to help PCDN grow. We encourage you to consider any amount from $1 and up. Read the SUPPORT page prior to making a payment to see PCDN's impact and how your payment will help.

Sponsored Link

Translate This Page

PCDN NETWORK TWITTER FEED

PCDN Guidelines and Share Pages

By using this site you're agreeing to the terms of use as outlined in the community guidelines (in particular PCDN is an open network indexed by Google and users should review the privacy options). Please note individual requests for funding or jobs are NOT permitted on the network.

Click BELOW to share site resources Bookmark and Share
or Share on LINKEDIN

FOLLOW PCDN on TWITTER, FACEBOOK or GOOGLE+

Google+

© 2014   Created by Craig Zelizer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service