Call for Entries

The Radio for Peacebuilding Africa Awards 2009 seeks to recognise the best radio programmes that contribute to peace in Africa.

The awards celebrate radio programmes which reduce tensions in groups and communities, which enhance and give value to shared interests, which break down listener stereotypes, and/or which provide positive role models.

Three prizes will be awarded in each category in November 2009. The first prize is 250 euros, in each category, while the second in each category receive 100euros each and the third 50 euros.

There are five Awards categories:

Radio for Peacebuilding Africa Community Radio Award

Radio for Peacebuilding Gender Award

Radio for Peacebuilding Africa Children’s Award

Radio for Peacebuilding Africa Youth Award

Radio for Peacebuilding Africa Special Award

Entries must be received by the 30th September 2009 at the very latest. No entries will be accepted after this date.

For more info. go to http://www.radiopeaceafrica.org

Tags: http://www.radiopeaceafrica.org

Views: 48

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I hope our local youth radio station -Ghetto Fm. 99.9 will amoung the qualifiers.
Hi Patrick, you'll have to encourage them to enter...
This is a great opportunity for radio programming.This kind of award gives visibility to community radio stations which would otherwise go unnoticed even though they are doing a great job. In Kenya, radio is still the leading in terms of mass media.TV is catching up.Some estimates from a leading research firm approximates that there are 13million TV sets, about 12 TV stations, 23 million radio sets and about 102 radio stations. Clearly, even though the numbers of TV set ownership and TV stations are rising, radio is still the preferred medium for the masses. So this is a good opportunity for radio stations to show case their work and plus it will be an encouragement for others to take up peace programming. Maria , Kenya.
Yes, thanks Maria, you're absolutely right about the importance of radio, and of course in most other African countries TV is nothing like as important as it is in Kenya... radio still beats all other forms of communication hands down on the continent and the power it has to affect conflicts positively or negatively is enormous. That's why we're offering these Awards.
magnificent!!!!!!!!!! hope you don't mind, i have share this on my face book.
blessings.
wishing us all luck.
Thanks for sharing it...
This will encourage radio stations working for peace in Africa. Thank you for sharing this. Will pass it on to enable the people there to submit Radio Wa of the Lira Diocese for an award.
The different awards are for specific programmes, so the radio station has to send a CD or cassette copy of the programme(s) they want to enter for the awards. And if the broadcast language is anything other than French or English they have to attach a full translation of the whole programme.
Amazing that I got this link from Marc Forget who lives in the Netherlands and when I got here I recognized the first person I saw - Patrick Kamotho who has posted a comment above ! Really small world. We trained a number of community radio presenters on human rights here in Kenya early this year Patrick and Ghetto FM. 99.9 ( who are really cool) was part of it. I have sent this link out to all of them ( including Ghetto) hope they enter and one of them gets it.

RSS

Sponsored Link

Please Pay What You Can to Support PCDN

Please consider Paying What You Can to help PCDN grow. We encourage you to consider any amount from $1 and up. Read the SUPPORT page prior to making a payment to see PCDN's impact and how your payment will help.

Sponsored Link

Translate This Page

PCDN NETWORK TWITTER FEED

PCDN Guidelines and Share Pages

By using this site you're agreeing to the terms of use as outlined in the community guidelines (in particular PCDN is an open network indexed by Google and users should review the privacy options). Please note individual requests for funding or jobs are NOT permitted on the network.

Click BELOW to share site resources Bookmark and Share
or Share on LINKEDIN

FOLLOW PCDN on TWITTER, FACEBOOK or GOOGLE+

Google+

Latest Activity

Craig Zelizer posted discussions
27 seconds ago
Issore Boly is now friends with Thomas Prince Mitchell, Otim Jonathan, Ajunwa Precious Chinomso and 2 more
8 minutes ago
Magnus Bucht posted a discussion
14 minutes ago
Sukadev Bretz posted a video

Mantrasingen: Kavita Sachara Chara

Kavita singt im Satsang bei Yoga Vidya Bad Meinberg das Mantra „Sachara Chara Pari Purna". http://www.yoga-vidya.de Das gesamte Mantra enthält die Textzeilen...
31 minutes ago
Deepa Panchang posted a blog post
35 minutes ago
Craig Zelizer liked Craig Zelizer's discussion Funding, United Nations Democracy Fund, invites civil society organizations to apply for funding for projects to advance and support democracy
49 minutes ago
Craig Zelizer shared their discussion on Facebook
51 minutes ago
Craig Zelizer liked Craig Zelizer's discussion Call for Nomations, 2015 World Innovation Summit for Education Awards
54 minutes ago

© 2014   Created by Craig Zelizer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service