Job Title: Program Director
Reports to: Executive Director
Mission of Peace X Peace
Peace X Peace is an international women-led organization that connects women over the internet to promote dialogue and peaceful resolution of conflict and to support actions that improve the status of women and families. We use circle principles of communication and we foster alliances with other like-minded groups. At www.peacexpeace.org
, women share their experiences and expertise as other women connect with them across cultures for mutual benefit.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Program Director is responsible for the overall leadership, development, implementation and evaluation of Peace X Peace’s intercultural understanding and peace action programs. The Program Director will be responsible for managing and directing Peace X Peace program strategy including the organization’s Circles in Action program, its advocacy program and other web-based intercultural, citizen diplomacy and exchange programs. The goal of Peace X Peace programs is the promotion of women’s perspectives and solutions for peace building by leveraging cutting edge communications and technology. The Program Director will work closely with other senior staff to build an active and diverse membership, engaged at all levels – personal to international – in gender equality, development and peace issues. The Program Director will compile and synthesize program reports providing relevant and timely analysis of program quality and outcomes including the development of tools for systematic monitoring and review of Peace X Peace programs. The Program Director will ensure continuous improvement of program quality through mobilizing or internal and external expertise and implementing changes in line with lessons learned and evaluation findings.
• Assure the quality of the programming through program development, program monitoring and program evaluation
• Work in conjunction with senior staff as an internal resource to the public, membership and media regarding issues of peace and women’s leadership.
• Lead advocacy, communications and outreach programs to build the Peace X Peace community and promote women’s role and peacebuilding
• Design and manage women and peacebuilding programs to highlight and expand women’s solutions for peace
• Ensure that all programmatic activities are aligned with the values, the mission and purpose of Peace X Peace.
• Develop, implement, monitor and evaluate Circles in Action programs
• Design, implement, monitor and evaluate Peace X Peace advocacy campaigns
• Design, implement, monitor, and evaluate programs on intercultural understanding using women’s circles
• Supervise and provide training for Peace X Peace Global Liaisons
• Participate in grant-writing and review as appropriate
• Evaluate the connection between proposed programs and program outcomes
• Supervise a team comprising of a Program Associate and several Global Liaisons
• Other tasks as needed
• Minimum 8-10 years in program development and evaluation, including the development of systems and tools for member integration and/or program implementation
• Minimum 3 years leadership/supervisory experience leading high-performing teams, coaching and directing staff, budget and project management, preferably in a nonprofit or for-profit organization.
• MA degree or equivalent work experience in international development, gender studies or related field is required
• In-depth knowledge of program development and management principles
• Project management, including the ability to undertake several projects at once, by keeping track of project timelines, achieving desired outcomes and maintaining accountability of the various parties involved in the given project
• Strong experience in the design and implementation of cross-cultural circle and advocacy programs
• Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to build and expand a coalition and to work collaboratively with coalition partners
• Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and a drive to respond quickly and effectively to requests.
• Strong computer skills
• Demonstrated experience in managing multiple programs simultaneously in an environment with changing priorities and tight deadlines.
• Demonstrated presentation skills to present plans, respond to questions and provide input to international, national and local audiences.
• Demonstrated networking expertise with diverse contacts to facilitate the engagement of consultants, global liaisons and volunteers
We provide excellent employee benefits and a salary competitive with other nonprofit organizations.
Resumes, cover letters, and references can be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
with Program Director in the subject line.
Deadline: May 31, 2009. Applications will be reviewed as received and interested parties are encouraged to apply ASAP.