Dear fellow PCDN members,

What suggestions do you have of cool tools for mapping where organizations are working (which districts and villages) and what projects they're operating in each of those areas? The goal is to improve coordination and avoid overlap.

Thank you in advance!

Tags: avoid, coordination, mapping, overlap, tools

Views: 48

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi,

I think you can use one of the techniques developped by Ushahidi platfrom. Here is the site (if you dont already know it), it might be of interest: http://www.ushahidi.com/

Good luck

thanks. very useful

I suggest more emphasis given to small unit of village, interventions and cover different project at the same time

Hey Darren,  I'd list what I know so far, but I think it's way more efficacious to tell you about Tactical Tech, a nonprofit in the UK that puts out toolkits for nonprofits for free.  They're amazing and I'm happy to give them a shoutout.  They have a toolkit especially for nonprofits looking to map geographically:  http://www.tacticaltech.org/mapsforadvocacy

Hope that helps!

Hi Ruha,

This sounds promising. Yes, that would be great if you are willing to contact them and get us in touch.

Thank you!

And thank you Ahmed for letting me know about Ushahidi!

U r welcome

why don't you all develop a relational database that way you will be able to store all the information and also avoid overlapping you can even later on link it with something like Arc View or Edit in order to visually map out the geographical coverage. hope this helps

RSS

Sponsored Link

Please Pay What You Can to Support PCDN

Please consider Paying What You Can to help PCDN grow. We encourage you to consider any amount from $1 and up. Read the SUPPORT page prior to making a payment to see PCDN's impact and how your payment will help.

Sponsored Link

Translate This Page

PCDN NETWORK TWITTER FEED

PCDN Guidelines and Share Pages

By using this site you're agreeing to the terms of use as outlined in the community guidelines (in particular PCDN is an open network indexed by Google and users should review the privacy options). Please note individual requests for funding or jobs are NOT permitted on the network.

Click BELOW to share site resources Bookmark and Share
or Share on LINKEDIN

FOLLOW PCDN on TWITTER, FACEBOOK or GOOGLE+

Google+

© 2014   Created by Craig Zelizer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service