1. Participate and work closely with PRS staff members in setting up and maintaining programme and operation information systems and databases on PRS related information, and facilitate the dissemination of relevant materials. Collaborate with PRS staff in defining the scope of the search work to be done, the methods to be used, and participate in the first level of analysis. Prepare background materials, draft working papers and briefing materials. Collect data and other information on development and/or subject-matter activities of PRS countries of concern.
2. Assist in responding to thematic queries on the planning, implementation and management of UNICEF PRS related activities. This involves (1) research and/or investigation of carious databases and reports, (2) drafting correspondence based on outcome of investigation.
3. Receive, review, route and follow-up on incoming correspondence, determining priority and, whenever necessary, taking responsible action. Responsible for maintaining electronic and paper filing on thematic, operational, administrative and financial issues. Provides secretarial support as required.
4. Maintains knowledge of supervisors areas of work and keep abreast of policies, procedures and priorities relevant to the work area. Determine priority issues to be handled by the backstopping programme officer(s) when he/she is traveling or on annual/sick leave.
5. Arrange meetings and workshops, confirm arrangements with participants and take notes as required. Drafts routine minutes. Organize travel arrangements for Supervisor and PRS staff.
6. Performs other duties, as required.