a. School-Based Management(SBM)approach for decentralizing the management of education at school level to improve the quality of education using Child-Friendly Schools (CFS) as an overarching strategy; provide support to implement and monitor public sector modernization programme in Iraq-including facilitating training of school heads, setting up PTAs and ensuring the development of School Improvement Plans (SIPs).
b. Youth/adolescents engagement and participation: develop capacities that will promote peace-building policy dialogues among government officials, policy makers, parents, communities, underserved groups and their leaders at national and provincial levels; and introduce Education for Citizenship and Peace, targeting adolescent boys and girls (10-17 years) in selected primary and secondary schools as well as policy makers.
c. Accelerated Learning Project for out of school children, especially girls. Facilitate the implementation, emphasizing on training, quality assurance and linkages to the formal sub-sector. Plan the inclusion of basic skills training activities. Develop and implement exit strategy for ALP ensuring smooth handover to MoE.
d. Early Childhood Development, provide professional guidance to develop and implement integrated Early Childhood Development, alternative ECD model approaches at the community level; facilitate implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the ECD initiatives.
e. Emergency: Provide technical assistance to the development of proper emergency preparedness and response plans for education including the introduction of DRR at school level.
2. Provide technical support to the design implementation, monitoring and evaluation of all training components and quality elements within the Quality Learning and Development Programme, Special emphasis on teacher training programs inclusive of general curriculum development and revision.
Analyzes and evaluate data to ensure achievement of objectives and/or takes corrective action when necessary to meet programme/project objectives. Contributes to the development and/or introduction of new approaches, methods and practices in projects management and evaluation.
3. Prepares the sectorial documents for the Country Programme Recommendation (CPR) and Plans for Action, Country Programme Summary sheet, and other programme documents, as required.
4. Participates in inter-sectorial collaboration with other programme colleagues. Assists in development of appropriate communication and information strategy to support and/or advocate programme development.
5. Where ever possible, undertake filed visits to monitor programmes, as well as conducts periodic programme reviews with government counterparts and other partners. Proposes and/or undertakes action on operational procedures affecting project management and implementation. Provides technical advice and assistance to government officials and other partners in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programme/project(s).
6. Meets with national and international agencies covering the management of programmes/projects. Participate in meetings with ministries responsible for programme/project review, and follow up on implementation of recommendations and agreements.
7. Within the areas listed above, coordinates with the Operations/Supply staff on financial and supply and other assistance activities ensuring proper and timely UNICEF and government accountability. Certifies disbursements of funds monitors and submits financial status reports to the Sr. Programme Officer or Representative, as required.
8. Participates in the development of the education sectorial work plan, ensure the achievement of specific assigned objectives. Provides guidance and support to staff in meeting project objectives.
9. Participate in several internal cross sectoral working groups: ECD, Youth and Participation, Learning and staff development.
10. Support country office on fundraising initiatives for the program, e.g prepare funding proposals and contribute to program progress reports and donor reports required for management, Board, donor, budget review, programme analysis, annual reports, etc.