For more information, please visit: http://bit.ly/ArabicEditor
Cross-posted from: http://www.linkedin.com/jobs?viewJob=&jobId=4858820&trk=job...
http://www.linkedin.com/companies/166426?miniprofile=">The World Bank - Washington D.C. Metro Area
The Arabic Global Web Editor manages, edits, curates and produces content for the Bank’s Arabic external home page, social media channels, and other high-profile corporate site areas, including News & Views, Results, Blogs, and current issue pages such as Financial and Food Crisis. The editor plays a key liaison role with online communications staff around the Bank and interacts with management and staff at many levels.
As a member of the Corporate Communications Unit (EXTCC), the editor reports to the Head of Online & Social Media.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 2 year renewable term appointment.
About the Recruitment Process
Applications will be accepted for this position through March 13, 2013. We expect to select applicants for a writing, editing and social media screening test in April 2013, followed by interviews for selected, qualified candidates with the objective of making a final offer to hire no later than July 1, 2013.
Duties and Accountabilities
• Developing and executing online content strategies in consultation with the Head of Online and Social Media, media and broadcast teams, and online communications staff from across the Bank.
• Aligning the institution’s online approach with corporate messaging and priorities and developing content in response to breaking news.
• Prepare and maintain a web editorial calendar for corporate Arabic coverage in coordination with regional, country, and corporate communications staff.
• Ensure the quality of original content and translations on the Arabic corporate site and online channels.
• Work closely with other Team editors to tailor and localize homepage features and other key corporate content to meet the interests of Arabic-speaking audiences.
• Work with the Broadcast and Multimedia Team to select, sub-title, and localize multimedia content to meet the interests of Arabic-speaking audiences.
• Identify and implement improvements to accessibility of Arabic content on the site.
• Manage the Bank's Corporate social media in Arabic. Lead and advise others in the use and management of social media in Arabic.
• Develop and lead the implementation of online campaigns at the corporate level to target and engage Arabic-speaking audiences, and measure success in achieving goals.
• Ensure the overall accuracy, consistency and quality of content on Arabic corporate sites and channels.
• Establish key performance indicators and review web metrics reports; share results and recommendations with corporate and regional management and staff. Liaise and maintain relationships with regional and country offices and other Bank units regarding online Arabic language products.
• Provide guidance, training and assistance to other Bank units on developing online editorial strategies and websites in Arabic.
• Help develop and document guidelines for writing, translating, publishing and maintaining the Bank’s Arabic language sites, drawing on accepted best practices for web writing and including substance, tone, style, voice and vocabulary.
• Build relationships with institutional translation service providers to ensure the highest quality of translation and localization of content in Arabic; prepare editorial guidelines and Arabic glossaries, and ensure their implementation in partnership with translation services.
• Partner with counterparts in other Bank offices to identify regional priorities regarding the institutional online presence in Arabic, and prepare strategies for highlighting and disseminating key information online.
• Review Arabic language sites prepared by Bank units before they go live to ensure they follow standards and guidelines relating to design, site organization, technical and legal policies, and content management. Develop marketing research and outreach programs
• In collaboration with the Head of Online Communications, conduct market studies using site statistics, social media activity, and focus groups to determine strategies for expanding the reach of the Arabic site; communicate the findings to diverse audiences, with special attention to cultural sensitivities.
• Collaborate with the Communications team in the Middle East and North Africa regional office to promote Arabic corporate content through regional and country sites.
• As appropriate, participate in online engagement through special events, issue discussions, and other outreach fora.
• Prepare and publish an external newsletter in Arabic highlighting new content on the site.
• Conduct marketing campaigns (Google keyword ads, and social marketing); define proper sets of keywords, write ad copy, and identify social influencers to target; monitor the campaign and report on its results.
Master’s or bachelor’s degree in Communications, International Relations/Public Affairs, Journalism, Marketing, Political Science or other related disciplines, with a minimum of 5 years (with master’s) or 10 years (with bachelor’s) of relevant experience.
• A minimum of five years’ experience in writing and/or editing for the web.
• Proven writing and editing skills, with an excellent command of Arabic and English and an ability to convey complex ideas in a creative, clear, direct, and lively style.
• Ability to initiate and manage a continuing editorial process and to conceptualize and execute the online packaging of content.
• Strong diplomatic, interpersonal, and team skills; demonstrated client orientation; sensitized in working in a diverse and multicultural environment.
• An in-depth understanding and problem-solving approach to project management as it relates to complex, multifunctional projects.
• Ability to leverage online communication tools and methodologies (such as online monitoring, web analytics, or other online measurement tools) and to lead research efforts that identify and map project stakeholders or intended audiences, and to develop and analyze online communications performance indicators.
• Knowledge and applied work experience in social media principles and Web 2.0 technologies sufficient to execute, lead or advise others in assuring that upcoming online communication and audience engagement tools and channels are fully leveraged.
• Ability to prioritize, work well under pressure and capably handle/juggle multiple tasks within tight deadlines. Experience working with cross-functional teams.
• Experience producing for the web and a basic working knowledge of software packages for page formatting, image management, videos, and content preparation (HTML, Photoshop, and similar software preferred).
• Experience in search engine optimization and online marketing.
Shortlisted applicants will be tested for a wide array of the skills described above.
The World Bank is a vital source of financial and technical assistance to developing countries around the world. Our mission is to fight poverty with passion and professionalism for lasting results and to help people help themselves and their environment by providing resources, sharing knowledge, building capacity and forging partnerships in the public and private sectors.
We are not a bank in the common sense; we are made up of two unique development institutions owned by 187 member countries: the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) and the International Development Association (IDA).
Each institution plays a different but collaborative role in advancing the vision of inclusive and sustainable globalization. The IBRD aims to reduce poverty in middle-income and creditworthy poorer countries, while IDA focuses on the world's poorest countries.
Their work is complemented by that of the International Finance Corporation (IFC), Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA) and the International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID).
Together, we provide low-interest loans, interest-free credits and grants to developing countries for a wide array of purposes that include investments in education, health, public administration, infrastructure, financial and private sector development, agriculture and environmental and natural resource management.