Invitation to apply: Peacebuilding Training and Education for SAARC Leaders, Feb. 7-17, 2010

The Conflict Transformation Across Cultures-CONTACT, a program of the SIT Graduate Institute and World Learning in Brattleboro, Vermont USA, is opening a satelite program in South Asia. Its goal is to increase the capacity of South Asians in social, economic, and political peacebuilding, thereby establishing collaborative cross-border relationships that will contribute to sustainable peace and increased development. Some of the outstanding professors from CONTACT will join the CONTACT South Asia faculty, supplemented by experts from the region.

Course Format: In keeping with the long and successful experiences in Vermont, the format of the courses will be experiential and interactive, with an emphasis on community-building and multicultural sensitivity across all the critical dividers of borders, histories, memories, and identities. We believe that shifts in attitude and behavior toward members of other identity groups are learned through encounter. CONTACT South Asia will provide structured opportunities to explore differences, stereotypes, and fears, to manage opposing national perceptions, and to create a regional culture of cooperation, understanding, and compassion within and beyond the learning community.

Application is now open and will end on December 1, 2009.

Selection Process and Eligibility
Forty South Asian students will be selected annually by application, based on their current position, work experience, educational background, English skills, reference, and geographic location. We will seek a balance of men and women representing all eight SAARC countries. Internationals who live and work in SAARC are eligible to attend the program.

For an application form, futher information and clarification, send an e-mail to contactprogram@sit.edu

Tags: Arai, Asia, CONTACT, Graduate, Green, Institute, Kathmandu, Learning, Paula, SIT, More…South, Tatsushi, World, applications, call, for, peacebuilding

Views: 70

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would like to apply this course.
Thank you for your interest. Please see attached the application form and the info sheet. Do write back to contactprogram@sit.edu if you have any questions.

Warmly, Mariana
Attachments:
Please do. I look forward to receiving your application. Do write to contactprogram@sit.edu
Best wishes, Mariana
Thanks for invitations. I am interesting the SAARC experience and learn from the members. I would like to Know more about the programme.

Thanks,

Bandula Weerasingha.
Dear Bandula Sri Kumara Weerasingha,

Thank you for your inquiry and I am sorry not to have replied earlier. Please send me an e-mail at contact@sit.edu and I will be happy to send you additional information. With Best wishes, Mariana
Please send me an email to contactprogram@sit.edu and I will be happy to send you additional information. Warmest Regards, Mariana
Hi Mariana

Should we look forward to same in West Africa?
Regards
Isioma
Isioma, that would be great! We used to have a program in Ghana. So depending on the need and support we would love to consider bringing the CONTACT program to West Africa. With Best Wishes, Mariana
i will ciculate this to my south east asians friends in Nigeria to apply.
thanks
Wonderful. Thank you so much. With Best Wishes, Mariana
Dear Mariana,

Thank for sharing this information. I am interested in this course.

Thanks

In Peace,

Sidon
Dear Sidon, please send me an e-mail to contactprogram@sit.edu and I will be happy to send you the application form and any additional information that you may need. With Warmest Regards, Mariana

RSS

Sponsored Link

Please Pay What You Can to Support PCDN

Please consider Paying What You Can to help PCDN grow. We encourage you to consider any amount from $1 and up. Read the SUPPORT page prior to making a payment to see PCDN's impact and how your payment will help.

Sponsored Link

Translate This Page

PCDN NETWORK TWITTER FEED

PCDN Guidelines and Share Pages

By using this site you're agreeing to the terms of use as outlined in the community guidelines (in particular PCDN is an open network indexed by Google and users should review the privacy options). Please note individual requests for funding or jobs are NOT permitted on the network.

Click BELOW to share site resources Bookmark and Share
or Share on LINKEDIN

FOLLOW PCDN on TWITTER, FACEBOOK or GOOGLE+

Google+

© 2014   Created by Craig Zelizer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service