I am in the process of initiating a NGO which will focus on International Youth Development for young adults in conflict areas of the world. The NGO will be based in Washington D.C. and will have an international board and advisory council. 

I am overwhelmed by the wealth and breadth of online information on 'how-to' incorporate an organization, etc. I seek advice, support as I proceed in this endeavor. If you have any resources which are focused in nature that you would recommend, or are willing to provide suggestions/advice, I would warmly appreciate it!

Tags: Development, Founding, NGO, Organize, Tips, Youth, a

Views: 981

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am doing the same thing with helpwomenheal.org. I would also appreciate the same. Could we enlarge this discussion and perhaps barter some skills. Our NGO is based in Boston. Have you started the 501c3 process as of yet?

Patty Kean

patty@helpwomenheal.org

pkean@curry.edu

We already have our 501c3, our organization is community based and international as well if I could be of assistance please feel free to email me, khadarlis@aim.com, oh by the way our site is Http://www.khadarlis.org

My name is Aisha Khadar Desince co founder of Khadarlis for Sierra Leone a small non-profit based in Rhode Island, I will love to help by putting my two cents in.   We at khadarlis started 3 years ago and we are learning as we go along, but if I could be of any help let me know, Oh we are dedicated to rebuilding and building of villages in Sierra Leone after the Blood Diamond War, Our focuses are on Water, Housing, Education, Agriculture, Solar Electricity, and Health Care.

We have our 501c3 and things are beginning to look up. I will love the opportunity to network, share info, proposal togetherness, cause as one is a drop, together we can make a difference.

Hi

I'm from sri lanka and hope to join with you..

already I'm doing a little org

www.lakaruna.org

Janka

For information about registering or starting an NGO visit: http://www.suite101.com/content/nonprofit-board-responsibilities.

or www.fundsforngos.org

Hi there... I would be happy to talk with you. There is too much to discuss to type it here...I've run a youth NGO I started since 1999... Let me know if you'd like to talk and we can discuss offline.

Hi Sherry,

what a challenge you must have gone through, running a youth org and ensuring that the youths be actively involve in youth discussion.

Drozd, keep up the good fight, I am very sure you are doing to figure our best approach from the expertise comments / remark.

Also dont hesitate sharing with us some of those best tools you have use, that will enlighten some of us too, operating yth orgs.

with all best wishes

ziwoh

http://zoneziwohshow.com/womenunder30/

I will be happy to be among your staff

Hey,

This is Qaisar Roonjha ''19'' From Pakistan,working with different National and International Youth orginazation,I can help you in this regard.

Qaisar Roonjha

qasirroonjha@gmail.com

Hi! Thanks for your kind offer. What organizations? I will email you! Patty
Sounds great, am Victor Ochen the founding Director for African Youth Initiative Network. Was in DC last month but currently back to Uganda and heading for the regional youth training in a week. Our work targets primarily the conflict affected people/communities,..get in touch please. Victor

While incorporation etc can be guided mre locally by other US based collragues- I am interested in finding some dynamic people that would eventually assist you from the conflict zones- as I mentor and believe in young people's movements and participation in the social change process in their countries-
particularly

Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bosnia, Croatia and the former Easter Europe.

Dr Venkat Pulla

www.Impetusglobal.com

www.strengthsbasedpractice.com.au

RSS

Sponsored Link

Please Pay What You Can to Support PCDN

Please consider Paying What You Can to help PCDN grow. We encourage you to consider any amount from $1 and up. Read the SUPPORT page prior to making a payment to see PCDN's impact and how your payment will help.

Sponsored Link

Translate This Page

PCDN NETWORK TWITTER FEED

PCDN Guidelines and Share Pages

By using this site you're agreeing to the terms of use as outlined in the community guidelines (in particular PCDN is an open network indexed by Google and users should review the privacy options). Please note individual requests for funding or jobs are NOT permitted on the network.

Click BELOW to share site resources Bookmark and Share
or Share on LINKEDIN

FOLLOW PCDN on TWITTER, FACEBOOK or GOOGLE+

Google+

Latest Activity

© 2014   Created by Craig Zelizer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service