I am in the process of initiating a NGO which will focus on International Youth Development for young adults in conflict areas of the world. The NGO will be based in Washington D.C. and will have an international board and advisory council. 

I am overwhelmed by the wealth and breadth of online information on 'how-to' incorporate an organization, etc. I seek advice, support as I proceed in this endeavor. If you have any resources which are focused in nature that you would recommend, or are willing to provide suggestions/advice, I would warmly appreciate it!

Tags: Development, Founding, NGO, Organize, Tips, Youth, a

Views: 979

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is a very good venture more especially when the primary focus is on youths in conflict. But my only concer is the limitation of only those in conflict zones, what of those that have experienced war like Sierra Leone, liberia, etc?

i only wish u can network and partner with my organization (Talented Young People Everywhere "TYPE" sierra Leone).

Once again u are welcome in the world of experience

Best Regards,

Ibrahim HK Shaid

TYPE Sierra Leone

Hello Tamera

Its good to see this. I will love to take part in this NGO. As am myself one of the citizen of conflict areas in Pakistan. Being a youth nation of my country, i would like to tell u to give a little thought to the situation in tribal areas of my country and the difficulty face by the girls over there and also in  Swat. And if u need my help and want me to join i will willingly do so.

This is a very good start on the eve of this New Year. I really encouraged you and I would call it a need of the time.  If you wanted to work for the youth of conflict areas, then please try to involve few of them into your advisory council. Similarly it would add your organizations value if you arrange starting meetings in one of conflict zones. I would also suggest that while designing your mission, objective and goals keep in mind the cultural sensitivities of all those areas where you intended to be worked. I am always available, if you have any quires or help. I firmly believe that a good start is a half done.

I wish you all the best

Regards

Shafqat Ali Khan

It's a very Important news for me as I am doing same job here in a very backward interior area of Sindh province on individual level, without any support of any organization, only to create awareness about the youth rights.
if you like I can provide you assistance here in Pakistan as a representative of your organization
I really do appreciated this initiative,and would like to cooperate with you in any capacity.
As a current graduate student,M.A Project Planning and Management I have obtained coursework in subjects such as: Project Planning, Design & Implementation, Total Quality Management, Management Information Systems and Project Financing and finalizing my research project on the role of NGOs in peace building in Kenya.
If you were interested in venturing to Kenya and East Africa as a whole, please contact me by email at leopolloh@gmail.com or by phone on +254735760256 I am happy to discuss my research study, answer any questions.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Leonard Andrew Opollo

lets do a concrete project in gujarat state,india

sanjeev_mehta_2002@yahoo.com

I am addressing this to Tamera

International, conflict areas, what countries do you have in mind? Our NPO/NGO services youth also in Sierra Leone.

Have you got your organization registered yet with the Secretary of State in the state you are going to be working out of?

Have you decided on Board members?

What about your By-law?

Conflict of interest?

What will be the focus education, sustainability?

Do You have representatives in the countries you are planning to work in?

Have you looked into what is required for each country? legal paper work.

I will love to chat with you.

I'm Central African NGO leader, please contact me: crosiribi@yahoo.fr

RSS

Sponsored Link

Please Pay What You Can to Support PCDN

Please consider Paying What You Can to help PCDN grow. We encourage you to consider any amount from $1 and up. Read the SUPPORT page prior to making a payment to see PCDN's impact and how your payment will help.

Sponsored Link

Translate This Page

PCDN NETWORK TWITTER FEED

PCDN Guidelines and Share Pages

By using this site you're agreeing to the terms of use as outlined in the community guidelines (in particular PCDN is an open network indexed by Google and users should review the privacy options). Please note individual requests for funding or jobs are NOT permitted on the network.

Click BELOW to share site resources Bookmark and Share
or Share on LINKEDIN

FOLLOW PCDN on TWITTER, FACEBOOK or GOOGLE+

Google+

© 2014   Created by Craig Zelizer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service