GLOBAL REQUEST -
MATERIALS ON RECONCILIATION, HEALING & DEALING WITH THE PAST
Dear Friends, Colleagues & Partners -
For several of our engagements we are gathering materials and deep experiences and resources on reconciliation, healing and dealing with the past. For specific work in Lebanon we are also looking for materials in Arabic.
Our focus is on materials, publications, resources, handbooks, articles which really go deeply and authentically into reconciliation, healing and dealing with the past in communities/societies/countries that have been affected by war and violence - understanding the social, collective, political, cultural, and personal impacts and effects (visible and invisible) as well as how communities and societies have healed from / addressed what has happened during war and deep societal divisions/polarisations.
We're also looking for materials which deeply analyse and address the range of approaches, strategies and how different societies / countries have sought to deal with these issues - including what has been / can be done by:
- local and national processes
We are not looking for materials that are purely abstract, but material that are deep and authentically understand, grasp and engage with how difficult processes of reconciliation and healing are. We are also specifically looking for materials addressing:
- truth and reconciliation commissions and processes;
- the role of NGOs and NGO / societal campaigns for reconciliation, healing and dealing with the past;
- practical lessons and experiences (strengths, challenges, gaps, what has been found to work, good practice experiences, major challenges / bad practice)
- transitional justice
- how to bring about healing / reconciliation in societies which have deep divisions and deep wounds of war, and where the present and future themselves remain contested and uncertain, and bringing up the past could - if not done well - also contribute to worsening / destabilising a very fragile, turbulent situation
If you have materials - including also videos / film - and can send these to me please send them to email@example.com
In peace and with appreciation,
Kai Frithjof Brand-Jacobsen
Director, Department of Peace Operations (DPO) - PATRIR
You can check www.fundacionparalareconciliacion.org
Many thanks. Best wishes, Kai
You can also visit Rwanda National Unity and Reconciliation Commission at http://www.nurc.gov.rw or just visit Rwanda and witness how " moving forward together" is really possible even after the 1994 indescribable Genocide against Tutsi.
Kai...I have a peace curriculum I'm revising and could send to you when it's published. It can be used for middle school to adult ages. Let me know @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dear Kai, check out the website of the WAC7 from which I just returned myself. There was a session on healing identities in which I also participated.http://wac7.worldarchaeologicalcongress.org/themes_sessions.html If you need more assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.rene