Calling Applications for Master of Arts in Conflict Analysis and Peace Building at Nelson Mandela Centre for Peace and Conflict Resolution, Jamia Millia Islamia New Delhi

Calling Applications for Master of Arts in Conflict Analysis and Peace Building at Nelson Mandela Centre for Peace and Conflict Resolution, Jamia Millia Islamia New Delhi

The Nelson Mandela Centre for Peace and Conflict Resolution was launched in 2004, and was one of the first centres for peace and conflict resolution to be established at an Indian university. While the chief focus of the Centre is comparative and contemporary studies, it also aims to fill a gap in Indian academic life - the lack of serious and purposeful analysis of types and sources of conflict in our country & neighborhood, and the methods of dealing with them that India has adopted. There is a wealth of Indian literature on war-making and peace settlements through the ages - but it has not yet been collected or analyzed from a doctrinal point of view.

The Center has, and hopes to develop further, an active programme of: research, curriculum development, teaching, seminars/conferences and training courses for faculty, administration and civil society, as well as partnerships with other university centres/departments and institutions working in the field of peace and conflict studies.

Application deadline is 30th June, herewith I have attached the prospector. Some studentships are available students from SARC countries.

http://www.jmi.nic.in/cpcr/cpcr.htm

M.A. in Conflict Analysis and Peace Building
The MA in Conflict Analysis and Peace-Building is a comprehensive course focusing on the policies, practices and tools required to contain, manage or resolve contemporary conflicts and prevent them from recurring.
Core aims of the Course are to equip students with the analytical and field skills to engage in peacemaking and peace-building on the ground, both at home and abroad; and to bring Indian traditions of conflict resolution into the mainstream of peace studies.
Objectives of the Course:
• To develop analytical methods that take into account the type of conflict, capabilities in the region, and the potential for escalation or resolution;
• To provide a thorough grounding in the areas, institutions and processes of peacemaking, collective security and peace-building today;
• To equip students with the tools for solving conflicts, from conflict prevention and peace settlements to conflict transformation and post-conflict reconstruction.
Duration : Two year (Intensive full-time)
Intake : 40
The MA Course comprises of the following compulsory and optional papers:

M.A. (Previous) Papers
Compulsory Papers
Paper I: Conflict Analysis
Paper II: Peacemaking
Paper III: State, Nation and Governance
Paper IV: Development and Security
Optional Papers
Paper XI: Non-Traditional Security
Paper XII: Humanitarian Dimensions of Armed Conflict
Paper XIII: Social Movements
Paper XIV: Colonialism, Modernity and Conflict
M.A. (Final) Papers
Compulsory Papers
Paper V: International Organizations and Conflict Resolution
Paper VI: Peace-Building
Paper VII: Conflicts in South Asian Countries
Paper VIII: Research Methodology and Fieldwork
Optional Papers
Paper IX: Indian Strategic Thought
Paper X: Peace Education
Paper XV: Role of Media in Conflict and Peace-Building
Paper XVI: Religion, Violence and Peace
Whoever interested in applying for the social sciences please contact

centreforpeace@rediffmail.com

Thank you,

--
Thanks & Regards
Sajeer MAM
Nelson Mandela Center for Peace and Conflict resolution,
Jamia Millia Islamia.
New Delhi, (India).
Mobile: (0091) 9818426414
http://jmi.nic.in/cpcr/index.htm

Tags: Analysis, Centre, Conflict, Delhi, Mandela, Nelson, New, Peace, for

Views: 408

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am a graduate in Journalism from University of Delhi and going to take admission in M.A. in peace building and conflict analysis. I wanted to know the kind of opportunities that this course provides for future career in both jobs and higher studies. Will you please share any information you have on this?
thank you
I only posted information on this particular course, but am not involved with the program. You would need to contact the organizers. For general information on career opportunities see the Resource Guides that you can access from the main page.
thank you
Hi divyank,

the selection process is over at the centre, please can you tell me whether you have got through or not..
saj
Hi Sajeer,
I have taken admission in this course at Nelson Mandela Centre. Classes start from 10th of August.
ok, nice!! got the right path... :-)

see u there soon.
cheers,
Dear
Will you please inform about scholarship opportunity for SAARC student( as it was mentioned in the application form), and what is the fees? Moreover , do you have dorms at the college?
Thank you.
Bimal
Dear Bimal,

When you apply for the MA through all the procedures, and if you are selected for admission you can pay course fee as like Indian student, it is very cheap. the normal procedures mean (Lodge the application in April, and sit for the written entrance exam, if you are short listed for interview then you have to face interview and group discussion)

cheers,
saj
Dear Sajeer
Can I apply now?
please inform me about the detail I requested earlier
Sorry dear,
the application process is over for this academic year, now you have to wait till next year. You have can find more detail on website www.jmi.nic.in/

cheers,
saj
Thanks a lot for providing an information regarding this and i am intersested to join this couse..

RSS

Sponsored Link

Please Pay What You Can to Support PCDN

Please consider Paying What You Can to help PCDN grow. We encourage you to consider any amount from $1 and up. Read the SUPPORT page prior to making a payment to see PCDN's impact and how your payment will help.

Sponsored Link

Translate This Page

PCDN NETWORK TWITTER FEED

PCDN Guidelines and Share Pages

By using this site you're agreeing to the terms of use as outlined in the community guidelines (in particular PCDN is an open network indexed by Google and users should review the privacy options). Please note individual requests for funding or jobs are NOT permitted on the network.

Click BELOW to share site resources Bookmark and Share
or Share on LINKEDIN

FOLLOW PCDN on TWITTER, FACEBOOK or GOOGLE+

Google+

© 2014   Created by Craig Zelizer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service