The University of Notre Dame’s Kroc Institute for International Peace Studies invites applications to its Ph.D. Program in Peace Studies.  

Peace studies is an interdisciplinary field that draws on political science, history, sociology, anthropology, psychology, philosophy, theology, law, and other disciplines to address some of the world’s greatest challenges and shape the future of humanity and the planet. The Kroc Institute is a leading center for peace research and teaching.

Students apply for admission to one of these distinct yet related programs: 

• Ph.D. in History and Peace Studies
  • Ph.D. in Political Science and Peace Studies
  • Ph.D. in Sociology and Peace Studies
  • Ph.D. in Psychology and Peace Studies
  • Ph.D. in Theology and Peace Studies 

The Kroc Institute offers Ph.D. students full financial support in the form of fellowships, graduate assistantships, and tuition scholarships, plus a stipend for living expenses (usually for five years).

Students are trained in the research methodologies associated with one of the five disciplines and immersed in the questions and findings of interdisciplinary peace research. Graduates are fully credentialed in one of the five disciplines as well as in peace studies. They are prepared for positions in research and teaching — in history, political science, psychology, sociology, theology, or peace studies — and for contributions to peacebuilding practice. 

The application deadline is December 15.

Learn more about the PhD Program.

APPLY to the PhD Program.

Tags: Kroc, dame, doctoral, notre, peace, ph.d., studies

Views: 2293

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks,
I am indeed grateful for bringing this to my notice. I shall apply.
ISMAEL Saka Ismael

This is a great chance for people, especially, those who have ambition to go further in the peace studies.

I like it and will look at it more closely.

Thanks alot.

Brgds

James Mawanda.

well, that is great, actually am interesting to apply to study PhD, but i do not have GRE, so would you please let me know if any possibilities to further my study.

This is very good and interesting. I am interested in this PhD study. Will have to apply.

RSS

Sponsored Link

Please Pay What You Can to Support PCDN

Please consider Paying What You Can to help PCDN grow. We encourage you to consider any amount from $1 and up. Read the SUPPORT page prior to making a payment to see PCDN's impact and how your payment will help.

Sponsored Link

Translate This Page

PCDN NETWORK TWITTER FEED

PCDN Guidelines and Share Pages

By using this site you're agreeing to the terms of use as outlined in the community guidelines (in particular PCDN is an open network indexed by Google and users should review the privacy options). Please note individual requests for funding or jobs are NOT permitted on the network.

Click BELOW to share site resources Bookmark and Share
or Share on LINKEDIN

FOLLOW PCDN on TWITTER, FACEBOOK or GOOGLE+

Google+

Latest Activity

Craig Zelizer liked Maha Hilal's discussion Audience Engagement Grant: Grant Awards to Individuals, Open Society Foundations
27 minutes ago
Maha Hilal posted discussions
6 hours ago
Yasin Cetindil updated their profile
9 hours ago
Profile IconHarley Alves, Terry Smyth, Mario Lafta and 2 more joined Peace and Collaborative Development Network
10 hours ago
Craig Zelizer liked Craig Zelizer's discussion Call for Entries, Ashoka Changemakers and Lego Foundation, Re-Imagine Learning Challenge
12 hours ago
Craig Zelizer posted discussions
12 hours ago
Craig Zelizer liked Maha Hilal's discussion New ORG Report: The UN and Casualty Recording: Good Practice and the Need for Action, Oxford Research Group
12 hours ago
Craig Zelizer liked Maha Hilal's discussion Residency Program: Academic Writing Residency, Bellagio Center
12 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Craig Zelizer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service