Call for applications, Weinstein International Fellowship - Dispute Resolution/Conflict Resolution

Weinstein International Fellowship
http://www.jamsadr.com/weinstein-fellowship/

The Weinstein International Fellowship program, inaugurated in 2008, provides opportunities for individuals from outside the United States to visit the U.S. to learn more about dispute resolution processes and practices and to pursue a project of their own design that serves to advance the resolution of disputes in their home countries.

The JAMS Foundation Board of Directors will approve Fellowships of up to $25,000 in support of projects outlined by Fellowship applicants. This program is intended to be flexible and open to innovation, and applicants are encouraged to develop proposals that will increase the availability of dispute resolution education, training and services in their home countries and beyond.

During their time in the U.S., Fellows may be based in a JAMS Resolution Center or may participate in a university program or be connected to another organization or institution, depending on the nature of their project. Fellowships may be from one month to one year in duration.

It is anticipated that Fellows will come from countries that do not have an established culture of using mediation for cases in litigation. Part of the Fellows’ time in the United States will be spent observing how JAMS administers and resolves such cases.

Criteria
Applicants must be fluent in English
Fellowship period must be one month to twelve months in duration
Preference for proposals that would help applicant’s home country establish viable dispute resolution systems or change how disputes are resolved
Preference for applicants who have experience as judges, lawyers, court administrators, or law professors
Information Sought From Applicant
Purpose and goal of Fellowship
Educational background
Dispute resolution training or experience
Amount of funding sought and proposed use of funds
Other sources of funding available, applied for, or awarded
Organizations or institutions with which you are affiliated in your home country
Organizations or institutions with which you expect to work while in the U.S.
Proposed location and duration of Fellowship
Plans for implementing Fellowship goals upon return to home country
Other than financial support, additional resources or support required from the JAMS Foundation
Visa status regarding entry into the U.S. for purposes of Fellowship
Fellowship applications for the 2010-2011 term will be reviewed by the JAMS Foundation Board of Directors at their first quarterly meeting in February, 2010. In order to be included on the agenda, applications much be received by January 15, 2010. The Foundation Board may also consider expedited review of Fellowship applications in appropriate circumstances.

Tags: "conflict, , , , Resolution, , Dispute, Fellowship, International, Resolution, Weinstein, applications, call, More…call for applications, conflict, , for, foundation", jams, us

Views: 67

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Craig,
Thanks for keeping useful postings . i really am getting useful information your valuable knowledge services.
it is my inner feelings which could be shared with you . for me, it is always challenge to win a distant learning MA course . several times i was selected to follow course but was asked to pay huge amount in USD .

i would suggest that you can find good organizations who are based in South asia or South East asia , who are providing courses at accpetable fee for person like me to learn while working .

In reality , most of organizations; as based in US , Europe , getting visa for study purposes and meeting travelling expenses are difficult tasks .

hope you understand these practical problems which are preventing people like me to continue our work and study .

so it is my humble recommenddation to share posting on south globe organizations activities and programs on training , fellowships and study programs .

Thanks again .

V. Jeyamurugan
Nonviolentpeaceforce
Phillippines.
jeyanp -skpe
Hi just a quick question to Jeyamurugan by any chance are you a Sri Lankan who was in Trincomalee working for FCE? :) thnx
noted.is group application eligible? Rtn Gbemi
Those interested in working with court ADR might want to know about Resolution Systems Institute, AboutRSI.org. We strengthen justice by enhancing court ADR systems through expertise in program development, research and resources. Check out CourtADR.org for lots of resources on court ADR, articles on how to develop, implement, monitor and evaluate court ADR programs, etc.

Susan Yates
Executive Director
Resolution Systems Institute
Chicago

RSS

Sponsored Link

Please Pay What You Can to Support PCDN

Please consider Paying What You Can to help PCDN grow. We encourage you to consider any amount from $1 and up. Read the SUPPORT page prior to making a payment to see PCDN's impact and how your payment will help.

Sponsored Link

Translate This Page

PCDN NETWORK TWITTER FEED

PCDN Guidelines and Share Pages

By using this site you're agreeing to the terms of use as outlined in the community guidelines (in particular PCDN is an open network indexed by Google and users should review the privacy options). Please note individual requests for funding or jobs are NOT permitted on the network.

Click BELOW to share site resources Bookmark and Share
or Share on LINKEDIN

FOLLOW PCDN on TWITTER, FACEBOOK or GOOGLE+

Google+

© 2014   Created by Craig Zelizer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service