Announcing the 2011 Sansori Jam Session

application deadline: March, 15, 2011

Want to launch or innovate a sustainable social enterprise?

Beginning in June 2011, Sansori will be offering a post-baccalaureate program for young entrepreneurs passionate about creating positive social change.  Drawing from the best of both the for-profit and not-for-profit sectors, the 2011 Sansori Jam Session offers anyone ages 21-29 the creative, financial, and organizational tools needed to launch and run a sustainable social venture. 

How does it work?

During the course of our year-long post-baccalaureate program, you learn by doing. You don't just design your dream venture; you realize it. Our students partner with peers, business and creative professionals, and a network of investors over the course of a year-long program culminating in the launch of their social ventures. The collaboration begins in a three-week residential session at Amherst College in Massachusetts, and then moves online, so students are able to pursue their social ventures even as they continue to support themselves or study. Areas of focus range from environmental justice to international development to conflict resolution and beyond. Visit www.sansori.org to find out more.

How to apply?

Any college graduate (or current college senior) age 21-29 is encouraged to apply by March 15, 2011. All application information can be found here. The application fee will be waived to users of this forum who mention the referral code IPC09001.

Visit www.sansori.org and feel free to be in touch with us.

Email info(at)sansori(dot)org.

Tags: Sansori, call for applications, education, entrepreneurship, graduate, online, post-baccalaureate, social entrepreneurship, social venture, sustainability

Views: 59

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dear Sir/Madam

I am very happy with your wonderful information of social entrepreneur courses. Presently, I am a member of Peace and collaborative Development network. I was born in 1980. I am working at non-charitable organization in Cambodia which name Riverkids Foundation, Cambodia. Our vision is working to empower children, teenagers, and families in community to have an equal opportunity to access general education and vocational training skills to sustainable in future. I am writing this letter to request further information of the scholarship program with other important documents which you requires candidate to do and fill up.

I am looking forward to hear from you soon!

Best regard

Dear Adam Horowitz,

Thank you for the post on Social Entrepreneurship. I however want to find out if there is any reason for ageism in social entrepreneurship.   I am concerned with the age limit of 21-29.

Thank you

Dear Abdulai Alhaji Sulley,

Thank you for your note and for expressing your concern. I wanted to let you know that we believe that social entrepreneurship is a field for people of all ages. This is our first year in operation, and to focus our efforts and outreach we are working with this specific age group. That said, we have plans to introduce a Second Career Program (for an older demographic) and an Intergenerational Program (for a wide mixed-age group). Please visit our site and add your email to be informed of new program development.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts.

best,

Adam

Dear Adam Horowitz,

Thank you for the clarification. I will visit your web site and add my email.

Thanks

RSS

Sponsored Link

Please Pay What You Can to Support PCDN

Please consider Paying What You Can to help PCDN grow. We encourage you to consider any amount from $1 and up. Read the SUPPORT page prior to making a payment to see PCDN's impact and how your payment will help.

Sponsored Link

Translate This Page

PCDN NETWORK TWITTER FEED

PCDN Guidelines and Share Pages

By using this site you're agreeing to the terms of use as outlined in the community guidelines (in particular PCDN is an open network indexed by Google and users should review the privacy options). Please note individual requests for funding or jobs are NOT permitted on the network.

Click BELOW to share site resources Bookmark and Share
or Share on LINKEDIN

FOLLOW PCDN on TWITTER, FACEBOOK or GOOGLE+

Google+

Latest Activity

© 2014   Created by Craig Zelizer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service