For more information, please visit: http://cooperation.epfl.ch/2012Tech4Dev
In July 2011 EPFL’s Direction decided to establish the Cooperation and Development Center (CODEV) in order to boost, within EPFL, the importance of research and training activities with emerging and developing countries. CODEV is organizing the Tech4Dev 2012 conference. Held from 29-31st May 2012 at EPFL in Switzerland, this conference aims to foster links between researchers at EPFL and from all over the world, such as between development researchers and practitioners, namely in the areas of sustainable habitat and cities, ICT and environmental issues, disaster risk reduction and renewable energies (representing the 4 priority axes of the UNESCO Chair in Technologies for Development): http://cooperation.epfl.ch/2012Tech4Dev.
We have received over 400 abstracts, from which some 80 papers have been shortlisted for presentation at the conference. We have ensured that these three days be both a time for presentation and discussion (namely in the thematic workshops) as well as an opportunity to exchange and network (side events and activity breaks).
Please follow the link http://cooperation.epfl.ch/2012Tech4Dev/Program for an overview of the conference program, the workshop sessions as well as the side events.
· Dr. Lidia BRITO, Director, Division of Science Policy and Sustainable Development, UNESCO and former Minister of Higher Education, Science and Technology in Mozambique
· Dr. Martin DAHINDEN, Director-General, Swiss Agency for Development & Cooperation (SDC)
· Dr. h.c. Pierre LANDOLT, Associate of Landolt & Cie, Swiss Private Bankers
· Prof. Miguel NICOLELIS, Professor of Neurobiology, Biomedical Engineering and Psychology and Neuroscience, Duke University, Founder, Duke's Center for Neuroengineering and Founder and Scientific Director, Edmond and Lily Safra International Institute for Neuroscience of Natal
· Prof. Luc SOETE, Director, United Nations University, Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology
For further information on registering for the conference and the fees due, please refer to http://cooperation.epfl.ch/2012Tech4Dev/Registration.