Exploring Justice: Transitional, Restorative and Indigenous Applications, Caux Scholars Program

Last call to apply for the Caux Scholars Program " Exploring Justice: Transitional, Restorative and Indigenous Applications": July 1st 2012 - July 29th 2012.

The Caux Scholars Program (CSP) is now in its twentieth year; having graduated over 360 leaders from 88 countries. 

CSP teaches students to analyze a conflict, to understand the factors that create and sustain conflicts, and provide practical understanding of approaches to resolving conflicts, conflict prevention, negotiation and transitional justice. Dr. Carl Stauffer, a renowned expert on transitional justice from Eastern Mennonite University, Virginia, is the Academic Director.

The four weeks course will hold approximately 40 hours of academic classes, seven hours per week of “Service for Leadership” practical work, a field trip to Geneva and participation in the Caux Forum for Human Security. Environmental degradation, wounded memories, armed conflict and economic, cultural and religious factors are some of the main causes of human insecurity. For one week, Caux Scholars will have the chance to interact with peacebuilders and representatives from international organizations as they address these issues.

CSP has an active alumni network. Alumni are active in many areas of life—academics, politics, international organizations, grassroots initiatives.

Target group: young professionals and students ages 20-35

When: from July 1st - 29th, 2012

Where: Initiatives of Change's international conference center,Caux, Switzerland

Tuition cost: $3,400 (includes room and board at Caux).  Application fee is $25.

Application process: CSP is now accepting applications for the 2012 summer program. Application deadline is February 15th, 2012 (if you are not able to submit application by this deadline, please contact us and we can extend your deadline). More information about the alumni scholarship can be found under the alumni scholarship tab. You can download application on our website 

http://www.csp.iofc.org/

Tags: http://www.csp.iofc.org/

Views: 601

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is wonderful but the age limitation excludes many who need this interaction in for their daily work. I will turn 55 years old in April and am involved in peace building and conflict resolutions in Rwanda. I hold a M.Th and M.Com in Conflict resolution and peace studies from Natal University. I still need more interacting training in negotiation, arbitration and conflict prevention. Please help me find a scholarship to attend training in these specific areas.

Furthermore, I wish to discuss with other experts of transitional justice, the development 'Gacaca' as a model of African transitional justice. From my M.Com dissertation topic 'Gacaca and reconciliation', I have developed some insightful ideas that could more reflections focusing on creating 'Gacaca Institute' in Rwanda.

I will need your feedback on this.

Eraste Iyamuremye

Africa Mission Initiative for Peace (AMIP)

Executive Director

Dear Iyamuremye,

Thank you for your feedback. The Caux Scholars Program is a academic and leadership training course for students who has not mastered the field of peace building and conflict resolutions. However, our umbrella organizations, Initatives of Change (http://iofc.info) has centers all over the world and provides trainings to professionals such as yourself.

I would also like to bring to your attention the Caux Forum for Human Security that is taking place at the same location as the Caux Scholars Program this summer. It might provide the interactive training in negotiations and conflict prevention that you are seeing.

http://www.cauxforum.net/home

Best,

Jitka

RSS

Sponsored Link

Please Pay What You Can to Support PCDN

Please consider Paying What You Can to help PCDN grow. We encourage you to consider any amount from $1 and up. Read the SUPPORT page prior to making a payment to see PCDN's impact and how your payment will help.

Sponsored Link

Translate This Page

PCDN NETWORK TWITTER FEED

PCDN Guidelines and Share Pages

By using this site you're agreeing to the terms of use as outlined in the community guidelines (in particular PCDN is an open network indexed by Google and users should review the privacy options). Please note individual requests for funding or jobs are NOT permitted on the network.

Click BELOW to share site resources Bookmark and Share
or Share on LINKEDIN

FOLLOW PCDN on TWITTER, FACEBOOK or GOOGLE+

Google+

© 2014   Created by Craig Zelizer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service