This information is cross posted from: http://www.irex.org/project/teachers-global-classrooms-program-tgc
The Teachers for Global Classrooms (TGC) Program provides a professional development opportunity for middle and high school teachers from the United States to participate in a program aimed at globalizing teaching and learning in their classrooms.
TGC is a program of the U.S. Department of State's Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs and administered by IREX. In order to ensure that you receive up-to-date information regarding this professional development opportunity, please join our mailing list.
Applications are due March 4, 2013, at 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time.
Follow this link to APPLY NOW. Application instructions are included in the online form.
Participants are selected through a national, open competition. Eligible applicants must be U.S. citizens and full-time secondary-level (middle or high school), teaching professionals with five or more years of classroom experience in disciplines including English as a Second Language, English Language or Literature, Social Studies, Mathematics, or Science.
• TGC Fellows become skilled authors and analysts of pedagogical materials that infuse a global perspective into the core curriculum.
• Fellows become equipped with the knowledge, skills, and tools necessary to effectively catalyze global engagement in their school communities.
• TGC Fellows develop skills as practitioners and ambassadors of globalized pedagogy resulting in enhanced student learning outcomes within the U.S. education system.
• An online course designed specifically for US teachers aiming to globalize their classrooms
• Two Global Education Symposiums in Washington, DC (pre and post travel)
• An international fellowship through a two- or three week country visit upon successful completion of the online course
• Current countries of program travel: Brazil, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Morocco or Ukraine.