Qualifying Congolese are strongly advised to apply
IRC’s DRC Child & Youth Protection and Development Program (CYPD) is recruiting a CYPD Coordinator to lead the expansion and implementation of the education, child protection, and youth and livelihood program in Katanga Province. The current CYPD program in Katanga is comprised of a major education project, Opportunities for Equitable Access to Basic, Quality Primary Education (OPEQ) financed by USAID. The OPEQ project aims to improve access to quality basic education for children and youth in three provinces in DR Congo. Expansion in program activities will include a substantial focus on project activities that promote girls’ enrolment, retention, learning and completion in primary education. The CYPD Coordinator will be based in Lubumbashi, Katanga, and will oversee and manage the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of program activities across three districts in Katanga Province.
The CYPD Coordinator will be responsible for the management of a team of more than 60 local education staff. The CYPD Coordinator will play a critical role in mentoring and increasing the capacity of local staff to support teacher training, livelihoods activities for youth, improving learning outcomes for girls and boys, and monitoring of community school improvement projects. The CYPD Coordinator will report directly to the Provincial Director of Katanga, with technical supervision from the national CYPD sector Director.
The CYPD Coordinator will be responsible for implementation, monitoring and evaluation of IRC’s CYPD Program in Katanga Province in DR Congo. Specific responsibilities include:
Program Implementation and Quality Assurance
- Contribute to the strategic vision, planning and quality implementation of the CYPD program
- Manage, monitor and evaluate implementation of the different project components of the CYPD program in Katanga, with technical support from the national CYPD senior management team
- Train and build the capacity of CYPD staff and government partners in general management and in project-related education topics
- Oversee the implementation of projects’ Impact Evaluations in Katanga in coordination with research partners
- Write regular reports on the implementation of project activities for both internal and external use. Contribute to quarterly donor reports
Human Resources Management
- Day-to-day management and supervision of a team of national project staff, including recruitment, staff evaluation, and on-the-job orientation and training
- Promote team building, open communication among national staff
- Responsible for program budget management and project expenditures in Katanga and putting in place responsible accountability systems to ensure responsible and efficient project spending
- Put in place control and accountability systems to ensure a reasonable and efficient use of funds
- Contribute to budget development, revisions / realignments
Advocacy and IRC representation
- Coordinate and liaise with local/regional education authorities, NGOs and UN agencies on all CYPD program activities
- Contribute to the expansion of CYPD programming in Katanga province, including carrying out assessments, contributing to proposal development and reporting on context developments as needed
- Advanced degree in education in International Education, Social Work, International Relations/Development, or related field
- 3-6 years experience in implementing and managing education-related projects for children and youth affected by armed conflict, preferably with experience in girls’ education, teacher professional development and/or non-formal education
- Strong program planning, budget management, organizational, communication and reporting skills
- Experience working in unstable areas and in Africa
- Supervision and training experience, specific experience training for local teams and local partners an asset
- Written and spoken fluency in French and English
The CYPD Coordinator will be based out of Lubumbashi. Lubumbashi is usually quiet and relatively safe. Petty crime is present but expatriates can normally move around without harassment or danger. For expatriates, the CYPD Coordinator will be provided with individual housing in a shared compound. This position is unaccompanied.
Please apply at: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=IRC&am...