Event: Rotary Global Peace Forum in Hawaii - Keynote Speaker: Aung San Suu Kyi, Nobel Peace Laureate - January 25 - 27

For more information and to register, please visit: http://www.peaceforumhawaii.com/

You are invited to join Rotary International President Sakuji Tanaka 25 - 27 January 2013 at the Hawaii Convention Center in beautiful Honolulu, Hawaii for the Rotary Global Peace Forum.

A Global Peace Forum is an opportunity for people of different ages from different parts of the world to gather to share ideas and develop strategies to progress toward a more peaceful world.  Honolulu’s forum is encouraging the next generation of leaders to leap into the limelight and share their dreams for next steps in the journey. Together we will empower a new generation's vision of world peace and understanding.

The event is intended for a new generation of decision makers – young adults who will shape the course of the future.  Rotarians and participants in Rotary’s global programs are also encouraged to attend to lend their unique perspective on Peace Through Service.

We are pleased to announce that Aung San Suu Kyi will be joining the Rotary Global Peace Forum as the keynote speaker on Saturday, January 26. The keynote session will begin at 6:00 p.m. If you are not registered to attend, you may purchase a stand-alone dinner ticket for this session.

Please click here to view a brochure about the Global Peace Forum. 

For more information and to register, please visit: http://www.peaceforumhawaii.com/

Tags: global peace forum, hawaii, honolulu, peace through service, rotary, youth, youth people

Views: 470

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Erinn. 

Do you know if the speakers have been set or how I could find out? As a former RWPF and current director of a centre for peace through interfaith dialogue at Griffith University, I would like an opportunity to talk about the work we do and get the word out to Rotarians and peace scholars. 

Brian

Dear Brian,

Please private message me with your contact information. I believe we have organized all of the speakers, but may have other opportunities of interest (ie running a workshop session).

Cheers,

Erinn

RSS

Sponsored Link

Please Pay What You Can to Support PCDN

Please consider Paying What You Can to help PCDN grow. We encourage you to consider any amount from $1 and up. Read the SUPPORT page prior to making a payment to see PCDN's impact and how your payment will help.

Sponsored Link

Translate This Page

PCDN NETWORK TWITTER FEED

PCDN Guidelines and Share Pages

By using this site you're agreeing to the terms of use as outlined in the community guidelines (in particular PCDN is an open network indexed by Google and users should review the privacy options). Please note individual requests for funding or jobs are NOT permitted on the network.

Click BELOW to share site resources Bookmark and Share
or Share on LINKEDIN

FOLLOW PCDN on TWITTER, FACEBOOK or GOOGLE+

Google+

© 2014   Created by Craig Zelizer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service