Conflict Kitchen is a take-out restaurant that only serves cuisine from countries that the United States is in conflict with.

Blog

crossposted from http://www.kubidehkitchen.com/
for more information see http://www.kubidehkitchen.com/

with."">Conflict Kitchen is a take-out restaurant that only serv...

Welcome to Conflict Kitchen’s first iteration, Kubideh Kitchen. Conflict Kitchen is a take-out restaurant that only serves cuisine from countries that the United States is in conflict with. The
food is served out of a take-out style storefront, which will rotate
identities every 4 months to highlight another country.  Each Conflict
Kitchen iteration will be augmented by events, performances, and
discussion about the the culture, politics, and issues at stake with
each county we focus on.

Kubideh Kitchen is an Iranian take-out restaurant that serves kubideh in freshly baked barbari bread with onion, mint, and basil. Developed in collaboration with members of the Pittsburgh Iranian community, the
sandwich is packaged in a custom-designed wrapper that includes
interviews with Iranians both in Pittsburgh and Iran on subjects ranging
from Iranian food and poetry to the current political turmoil.

Conflict Kitchen is a project by John Peña, Jon Rubin, and Dawn
Weleski
and is funded by the Sprout Fund, Waffle Shop, and the
Center for the Arts in Society. Graphic design by Brett
Yasko
. Architectural design by Pablo
Garcia of POiNT
. Special thanks to Illah Nourbakhsh, Marti Louw,
Harrison Apple, Sara Faradji, and Courtney Wittekind, and all of those
from the Iranian community who supplied us with their opinions and
perceptions.

Tags: Conflict, Conflict Kitchen, Iran, Take-out, US

Views: 47

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Kudos ! A brilliant concept which has lead to a fantastic project as a tool for the 'peace' campaign.
I, personally , did not get the opportunity to study in depth and also I do not have that kind of expertise which is required for the study ' how traditional kitchens in the war torn and conflict areas are changing rapidly'.
Empirically, I observed like places in Pakistan and Afghanistan the traditional house hold kitchens are changing and not only changing even have withered in some conflicting places. It could be an interesting study.
Wonderful!!
Excellent........ I like the idea, Sri lanka too needs some thing like this.I would like to start our very own conflict kitchen in Sri Lanka for those who are disabled and women headed families , so that they could eaz the load on there shoulders.
This is an explosive-most wonderful idea. :-) I was just saying in a letter to as many members of this site as possible that one of the problems with me was bringing food-words into my writing of descriptive-adjectivs. I was told that is because I had 'Food on the BRAIN." Well this little picture above says, "Come on in Nancy from the USA" see all the most beautiful-peoples-creations that your country has been destroying for decades. WHAT are you doing Nancy to help resolve this horrible activity in which you have been inative in stopping said destruction, hate,rape and killings of innocent women and children?"

I am here to say, "Forgive my inaction." <--- I was guided to this site by a German Being :-) which I myself is 98 % made-from :-) Foxman3000<---On You Tube. He sent your link and how I struggled for the 2nd time to be part of. First time I wept just trying to complete the form to join. My lack of PC Skills was terrible. BUT I believe time was not right at that moment, because when Foxmann3000 gave me his friends site, (The very site I had tried to join months before) this wonderful channel. For the second attempt-with success :-) I did cry during the the first form stage I clicked it away and had to begin again. BUT NOW I had a url and a place to fill in that I did not have before. So the timing was now right for me to join.

SO you see This whole journey of mine really opened up when I was guided here by my Loving-Higher-Self.:-)

I just loved this wonderful Idea. Many Many Kudos to those that have thought of this most wonderful healing-through food Idea. A passtime of we American's we understand. FOOD. We have no idea about what part we shared in hurting you dear-precious-brothers and sisters and children by our inaction and stupididy--BUT MY BOOK I am re-writing now, THERE WILL BE NO EXCUSE FOR NOT BEING at least AWARE of what our inaction has done to keep this-hate and anger going like an energizer bunny. ALso what role we were cleverly set up to be used as the scapegoat (all in the Name of our Faith) -Like all of you here-Hoodwinked in useing the very faith we lived for to work this horrible havoc on humanity. "NO MORE BLINDNESS." I know why I was chosen for this most difficult take, Say your prayers meditations in the way that you practice that my re-writes will flow. Thank you. Love to you Dear parts of me-and me parts of you send your way.:-)

Know that I am sending Love to each and every brother from each and every Nation. My heart is so full getting to know you personally as we can on this electronic-Tool But isn't it a wonderful invention to help connect the broken ties of WHO we are and that WE ARE ALL ONE BIG OLE-Being. :-) <3<3<3 Nancy Bisset from Pennsylvania USA :-) XXOO

RSS

Sponsored Link

Please Pay What You Can to Support PCDN

Please consider Paying What You Can to help PCDN grow. We encourage you to consider any amount from $1 and up. Read the SUPPORT page prior to making a payment to see PCDN's impact and how your payment will help.

Sponsored Link

Translate This Page

PCDN NETWORK TWITTER FEED

PCDN Guidelines and Share Pages

By using this site you're agreeing to the terms of use as outlined in the community guidelines (in particular PCDN is an open network indexed by Google and users should review the privacy options). Please note individual requests for funding or jobs are NOT permitted on the network.

Click BELOW to share site resources Bookmark and Share
or Share on LINKEDIN

FOLLOW PCDN on TWITTER, FACEBOOK or GOOGLE+

Google+

© 2014   Created by Craig Zelizer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service