Time: June 15, 2012 at 6pm to July 4, 2012 at 12pm
Location: KURVE Wustrow - Centre for Training and Networking in Nonviolent Action
Street: Kirchstraße 14
City/Town: Wustrow (Wendland)
Website or Map: http://www.kurvewustrow.org
Event Type: training
Organized By: Andrea Ohloff
Latest Activity: Feb 12, 2012
KURVE Wustrow - Center for Training and Networking in Nonviolent Action is holding an international nonviolence training in English language, specifically designed for those working or planning to work in areas of war or armed conflict.
The training is particularly intended for:
- Activists from local peace, human rights and reconciliation groups
- Volunteers or persons interested in nonviolent third-party intervention
- Persons shaping approaches for educating populations in crisis areas
- Persons working with refugees
The training will address the following topics:
- Principles of nonviolence, nonviolent direct action and nonviolent conflict intervention
- Understanding and transforming conflicts
- Political analysis, strategy, reconciliation work in war torn societies
- Observing / reporting human rights violations, human rights organising
- Dealing with stress, fear and traumatic experience
- Consensus decision making and team work
- Issues of cultural and gender sensitivity
The training is a shared educational learning process which involves mostly participatory exercises that elicit learning from participants’ insights and experiences. It can be demanding and at times stressful, as this methodology pushes participants to take extra steps and share from a personal as well as a professional level.
The trainers facilitate the learning process and model a nonviolent approach to learning.
The training is lead by three experienced trainers from three different continents and certified according to trainings standards of AGDF (Arbeitsgemeinschaft Dienste für den Frieden).
Additional experts are invited to lead some sessions of the training in which their experience is particularly relevant.
The training starts on 15 June 2012 with dinner and ends on 4 July 2012 with lunch.